Honest Question: Do you realize that Half-Life 2 is just a game?

Well?

• Yes, it's just a game, I should get all horny.

Votes: 86 52.4%
  • No, Half-Life 2 is my new God, Mom, Goat and Penis

Votes: 78 47.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I mean, honestly, you guys are asking to make a national holiday for a video game, that happens to be on a disk, which happens to be plastic, and if you shine some light on it--it becomes really shinny.

But it gives me much pleasure. Oh Yeah, oh baby that feels good!

:stare:

Saying HL2 is just a game is like calling a stab to the face "just a flesh wound".

Yeah it is just a game. However, this is a game that will make history in the gaming world so it's human nature for people to be extremely hyped about it.

its not just halflife2 im excited about, even though its plenty. im excited about all the mods/maps that are gonna spring forth from it. so this isn't a typical game on disk, the potential this game has is much more than even halflife1, and thats saying a lot

Hypothetical Question:
If I we're to give out free copies of Half-Life 2 under one condition, such as give up your girlfriends, would you do it?

Originally posted by Tredoslop
I mean, honestly, you guys are asking to make a national holiday for a video game, that happens to be on a disk, which happens to be plastic, and if you shine some light on it--it becomes really shinny.

It's definetely my new goat---ol' ramsy over here is getting a little stale in his pen; time to replace him

Thats just like saying sex is only to produce more humans. Its sex, but so much more!

Hypothetical Question:
If I we're to give out free copies of Half-Life 2 under one condition, such as give up your girlfriends, would you do it?

They'd be extremist fans. The Saddam Husseins and Osama Bin Ladens of the HL2 fan base. I don't think there's any of us that are that bad yet.

I think we all KNOW it's a game, but is there a problem really wanting to play a game? I think not. It's done for leisure and we all want to have fun. I don't see any people who are really into football and are waiting on the edge of their seat to see the next Arsenal game saying to other football fans, 'you do relaise it's just a game?' Just because it's a computer suddennly if you really want it turns out your some sad lamer. Odd eh? :cool:

Hypothetical Question:

**** that! I'm pretty much married to mine. She'd probably cut my $%&! off if I did that anyway, not that'd I'd want to.

I do b'lieve that is the first time the words "God", "Mom", "goat" and "penis" have ever appeared in the same sentence.

I fear, however, that it will not be the last.

Originally posted by GinSlinger
I do b'lieve that is the first time the words "God", "Mom", "goat" and "penis" have ever appeared in the same sentence.

I fear, however, that it will not be the last.

LOL

yeah its just a game , but games like this come every once in a blue moon. :)

yeah theres nothing new here. wives say it about their husbands football cravings. computer nerds say it about car guys. car guys say it about computer nerds. how many years must people act like idiots before they realize that hey maybe not everyone is interested in the same hobbies and has the same enthusiasm as other people? human stupidity never ceases to amaze me

Ahh well you're wrong GinSlinger. The first time I heard those words in a sentence were "Please, God, make mom stop playing with the goat pensi. It is teh nasteh!"

Would you guys get this excited for a movie of the same status?

btw....it is 75 days till "Return of the King".

heh.

People did. I'm sure there is/was a gigantic Matrix fan base that were hyping up the film (Matirx Reloaded) to shit, coming out with speculation threads and conspiracy theories and things.

Possibly.

Actually, no. I'll probably never be this excited for a game again. You know, until STALKER, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (multiplayer!), Halo 2, HL3, and other games like this are released.

The first time I heard it was when my mom walked in and said, 'This is your Mom stop touching your penis while look at GOATse because god is watching :/' - And erm an apology to anyone who was offended :eek:

/me looks at star wars fanatics

:eek: Owwww, my eyes... they burn they burn!!!! The Goggles tehy do noothing!!!! :eek:

/me dies

i know it is just a game. we all know that. we all just think it is goin to be the best game out. and change the way you look at games again.

No way...not for me...the anticipation of flinging about boxes with the manipulator is way cooler than standing in line to see the next matrix, lotr, sw movie. And I'm not being sarcastic...interactivity is way more enjoyable than observing.

/me says to Chris_D," God, I can't stop looking at your penis, it's worse than a Goat's mom
/me burns

Indeed, it's not like you can get mods for a movie

This is the most excited I've been about a game in a long time. Probably won't happen again till either HL3 or Elder Scrolls IV comes out.

Originally posted by dis
This is the most excited I've been about a game in a long time. Probably won't happen again till either HL3 or Elder Scrolls IV comes out.

For me DNF (here's hoping I'm not a geriatric by the time it comes out) and Halo 2.

logically though, there is much more reason to be excited about hl2 than any movie because a movie, you watch and thats that, but a game you interact with it, a MP game you can interact again and again and not be bored, now add all the mods hl2 will spawn

if i would have known in 98 all the cool stuff that would come from halflife, i would have been way more excited about the release. but no one did or could have. this is why ive never been stoked about a game so much as this.

Hypothetical Question:

Thats stupid. Thats like saying my g/f is only worth 24.99. Cause i could just buy it!
Now if you said "Would you give up your g/f in order to play this at all. And there was no other option" Now THAT I would have trouble with :-P

p.s God, my mum just sucked a goats penis, GROSS!
Same sentance huh?

Your mom's life
-or-
Half-life 2 with a
P5 4.7 Ghz
500 GB ram
Radeon 9800XT PRO 512 MB RAM
21inch screen
Creative Labs Audigy 2

Since you guy wont' be needing your penises, can I have it?

What happened to yours??? :p

Originally posted by PainLord
Thats just like saying sex is only to produce more humans. Its sex, but so much more!

...and...

Originally posted by Alzxul
I think we all KNOW it's a game, but is there a problem really wanting to play a game? I think not. It's done for leisure and we all want to have fun. I don't see any people who are really into football and are waiting on the edge of their seat to see the next Arsenal game saying to other football fans, 'you do relaise it's just a game?' Just because it's a computer suddennly if you really want it turns out your some sad lamer. Odd eh? :cool:

Sums it up perfectly I think.

No harm done, everybody is happy.
I don't see why you would think we wouldn't realise it's just a game in the first place...

[EDIT] typo

Back