How did this site get so popular ?

the site is reaching a hight at the moment...unfortunately I don't think it's something to be proud of because a lot of the people visiting the site today are most likely warez people and hackers who got news that something HL2-related was leaked, and just hoping they could snoop out how to get their filthy little hands on the info....

Hmm...i disagree. The site has the best design in my opinion. Pretty got on news to, since it's completely dedicated to HL2. The forums rule compared to some as well. Lol, this was the first hl2 site i found as well. i just guessed an adress of halflife2.net and here it was...
I think they need to finish updating the site tho...there's no screens or anything

its been getting popular thru amazing stories we get here...

e.g spitcodfry (one of teh HL2 community members going to valve and chatting with gabe

the fact that gabe and valve love us and we love them :D

TheRook

see there's this new game called HL2, and people want to chat about it. So this forum was created, and then.....

1) Our website address.

2) We have emails to and from Valve about HL2.

3) Spitcodfry visited Valve

4) I post here.

5) We're good, very good.

Yeh the forums are amazing. We got the world-class Valve Info Only thread. The site is neat and clean, but lacking a lot of info. This is where you get hardcore news, not a summary of what is HL2. PS PlanetHalfLife ....going down the tubes...sadly

i was wondering if its got anything to do with the fact that i post here now ?

Originally posted by Javert
1) Our website address.

2) We have emails to and from Valve about HL2.

3) Spitcodfry visited Valve

4) I post here.

5) We're good, very good.

6) We worship Satan and sacrifice virgins in his honor whenever we find any

edit: Oh, and it's also incredibly fast :)

Easy... the "official" forums run on some crappy software, I hate looking at them. Also, it's nice to be away from official forums where the convo's have to be one sided. This site runs good, looks good, has lots of users, and the mods seem to care.

Originally posted by MrMethane
6) We worship Satan and sacrifice virgins in his honor whenever we find any

edit: Oh, and it's also incredibly fast :)

great this forum is acting weird.

Weren't the forums down for something like a month? I've only been here since early September, so I can't remember. Used to post at the Steampowered forums, but they suck now.

This has been the website(forum) with the most info since we first heard about HL2.......

If theres some aspect of HL2 that can be discussed or speculated on.....its happened here 500x more than any where else.

Gabe the man himself posts here.....how can you beat that?

Back