How did you find this site?

A couple months from release I decided to get all the HL2 info I could find. I found this site, read everything in the main page, found the forums and lurked untill early December.

Couple months before Half-Life 2 came out google Half-Life 2 news..this was the second result and used it just for news at first. Then after gettin HL2 started browsing the forums. Eventually decided to join and have forumed happily since then :)

By pure luck

I know before coming to this place, I was looking for a lot of info on HL2 on planet halflife. They didn't have the most upto date beastery or weapons data, and I knew that some site would have that info due to the leaked beta version.

Googling, I found a russian site with the beta data of enemies/weapons and such, and this site (googled certain words that brought up old threads). But I came to this site because it had a forum, and the speculations threads had me going for hours in the night, I never gave up.

I stubled upon an unhelpful and unpolished website well before HL2 was announced. I was basically just a ghost looking for news and entertaining conversations, but I never really felt the need to register until a year or two, and didn't start posting until a few months ago. Yeah, I was there for biozeminade discussions and such, you just didn't see me. Go figure.

i actually signed up in december of 2004, but i for got the username and password so i left the site and forgot about it till june, then i signed up again!

3 weeks ago alone, I played the wee gee board board on a table in my garden on a dark cold night. Nothing was happening for the first 15 minutes until the board started to communicate, it spelt out 'halflife2 net'. Could not sleep all night wondering what this meant, so the next morning I googled it to find this site, a website for the game Half Life 2, so I signed up, well nothing has been answered.

i have no idea .. seriously, it was like 2 years ago. :x

i posted on and off for a year and a half, than i started to post kind of regularly.

I think i got linked from HLfallout.com

I found it on the school computers a few days after I got Half Life 2. I'm pretty sure I joined immeadiately.

I asked if Steam was Pay-to-play.

Then some guy attacked me and suddenly i'm a moderator that was asleep for over a year.

I saw a scan of a full-page ad in a gaming magazine that was completely blank except for a little red crowbar. Then, I immediately set out on a search for information about Half-Life 2... because it could mean nothing else. There weren't many HL2 sites around at the time. So, I ended up here. I stayed because I got in a habit of frequently checking the site for HL2 updates until it was released. So, after screwing around for well over a year waiting to play HL2... I'm no longer here by choice. I'm here because when I open a browser I instinctively either type this URL or click on the bookmark. Doesn't that make you guys feel special?

I've been here a fairly long time. I don't remembery how I found this site, but whatever I did, I obviously came back for more and have been here since.

heard about half life 2, so i typed up different and completely random addresses like halflife2.com halflife2.org half-life2.com bla bla bla, and found halflife2.net

Yeah I don't come here by choice either anymore, Cyberpitz. It's an automatic function by now :p two years, jesus god

Haha, none of the oldies can remember how they got here. :D

Did the creators of this site used to play on Blueyonder servers? I think I heard about it on there. Somehow I remember Natural Selection being involved.

google i'd imagine
planethalflife was a bit off putting to say the least

StardogChampion said:
Did the creators of this site used to play on Blueyonder servers? I think I heard about it on there. Somehow I remember Natural Selection being involved.

Some of us came from the blueyonder direction (myself, Zerimski, Starmonkey, Hotsoup, Munro, onions)

And those are a lot of the admins / super moderator people so I assume the site was founded there?

Wow can't belive it's 2 and a half years since I joined

Around the time i found this place, i was actually half way through the first game and well...i got curious again (yeah i wondered if there would be a sequel quite a few times :p ) and so loaded up google and started searching for Half Life related stuff and stumbled upon which now is known as the very first image/hint that Half Life2 was in the works! :D
rest is pretty much history as i found this site along with that image ;)
this was in around May/June 2003 btw.

I was originally on the VU boards, and followed a link from someone to this site, and I liked the boards. People were nice, funny, informative, and the topics (especially "Info from VALVe Only") were great.
I may not post much, but I do enjoy reading a lot of stuff from here.

Sort of off topic, but I went to archive.org and looked at the first halflife2.net page that I remembered, and this is it. That was dated May 28th, 2003. A lot has changed since then.

The DemonWithin said:
I was really pumped when they announced HL2, so I looked for a forum dedicated to it, and now here I am.
same as him

now im addicited to it :(

Shippi said:
I remember!

I saw scans of that crowbar/shadow advert and started googling HL2 for more info. I came across this place with no main site (no content in it anyway) and a forum with a handful of people so I joined. And got trapped. So, here I am, well over 2 years on..

Anybody know where can find those scans :(

Axyon said:
I saw the very first scanned image of the game when it leaked - the combine soldier and ant lion against the untextured walls, and I had to know more. I initially signed up on the forums on another Half-Life 2 site (forgot what it was called), but I found hl2.net and stuck here because it was much better ;)
i did the exact same thing.

digiq8 here is the coolest magazine advert ever:

There was a funny (almost shitty) smell on the far side of the internetverse.

Murray_H said:
Are you a lifeguard? Can you command dolphins and sea turtles to attack enemy vessels?
You ****ing KNOW it.

Back