How do barnacles move?

Yeah, it was after the satilite and the events of decay which caused a resoance reversal, only then could the Nihilanth invade. :x

Simple teleport theory. Full grown tentacles are teleported from Xen to Black Mesa.

Then explain the giant structure found that looked like it grew underneath the silo testing area...

Ummm... are you talking about the tentacles?

Anyway Barnacles that don't spawn on the ceiling die. And if they die, they're nowhere to be found. Thus you see the ones that teleported onto the ceiling only.

Yes, I'm referring to the 'tentacles'. That structure was too huge to have just been teleported there.

Hoi? I'm going to have to replay that section. Do you mean the gigantic monster tentacles that found underneath a rocket-pit so brilliant to live under? Or do you mean the hole that they came in? The tunnel network below was built into Black Mesa. And nothing is too huge to be teleported - the sheer amount of crap that was dumped in BM, as well as the citadels (maybe) - is a testement to that.

The first one. My point with the teleportation is that it was attached to the wall, not sitting in a small corner, it just didn't make sense at first

Natural Teleport Selection: That which lives, lives.

Anything that teleported somewhere where it couldn't live died and was thus not seen.

Natural Teleport Selection: That which lives, lives.

Anything that teleported somewhere where it couldn't live died and was thus not seen.

I mean it was intermeshed and locked into position... In order for this to remain during teleportation, It must be in the same position from where it was teleported.

I think in a future HL2 game we should request to see baby barnacles. That would be really interesting.

(jintor)
nice, there is no 'chance' in science

jk

(TheotherGuy)
Yes, that would satisfy much!

Back