How Do I Open DM-Runoff In Hammer?

you can extract dm_runoff.bsp from the gcf files, but unless you have some kind of map decompiler, i dont think you can get it into hammer.

garry's mod allows you to import any map back into hammer. could probably do it that way.

Yes, just load the map in Garry's mod, then export it to hammer. Google it for garry's mod.

I get an error message in my console that say 'map ersion different'.

Whats the problem?

clearly a map ersion issue. :p

when's this error occuring? when you load the map? when you load gmod? when you try to export the map back into hammer? when you make the console a nice cheese sandwhich?

Usually you get that error when you try to connect to a server that is running a different version of the map.
Like, if the person compiled the map again after you got it but didn't change the name. Delete the map you have, and redownload from the server.
If you're not connecting to a server, well I have no clue.

I see it, too. GMod reports the error in the console when I try to export to Hammer.

You have to have Hammer already opened up with dm-runoff. Then you run gmod. Its only for placing props in your map. It doesn't export the current map into hammer. Just do what Dr. Devin said, Extract the bsp with cfgscape and decompile it using VMEX.

What's the deal with rotating/aligning models to the grid? Does the Source engine not mind if models are rotated at weird angles? I'm guessing it doesn't mind, since some railings don't line up properly unless you use a really small grid.

OmegaX said:
You have to have Hammer already opened up with dm-runoff.

The thought had only just occurred to me. What a genuinely useless tool.

StardogChampion said:
What's the deal with rotating/aligning models to the grid? Does the Source engine not mind if models are rotated at weird angles? I'm guessing it doesn't mind, since some railings don't line up properly unless you use a really small grid.

Copy/paste special your prop_statics ie for a fence move each new fence portion so many units past the first on say the X axis via c and leave the z and y as the same as the previous. Getting fences and rails aligned is much easier this way rather than using the handles.

Raeven0 said:
The thought had only just occurred to me. What a genuinely useless tool.

Actually it is usefull. I'm thinking of using it myself. Rather than placing all the physic ents in hammer one by one and changing their pitch, yaw and roll. You could place them with G-Mod test where they should be and how usefull they are in that area and then export them to the map for further compiling for a non G-Mod release.

OmegaX said:
You have to have Hammer already opened up with dm-runoff. Then you run gmod. Its only for placing props in your map. It doesn't export the current map into hammer. Just do what Dr. Devin said, Extract the bsp with cfgscape and decompile it using VMEX.

Ok how to I get Vmex running?

Download it, extract it and then double click on vmx2. Then browse to the map file, select it and click decompile.

If you click on the .jar it opens too. For me it does anyway.

That's what I mean. I think you're supposed to click the .jar. I have another java program that you have to open by clicking a .jar.

I just tried this on one of my maps, and it does a much better job than I expected. I only looked for a few moments, but the only noticable "problem" was that displacements have a huge X through them.

Back