How do I recognize official maps from fannies?

Reaction score
Like the title says. I hate playing many of the fan maps, because of lack of polish. Are there any other official maps other than lockdown and overwatch?

They're usually easy to see, because they're not called dm_overwatch or dm_lockdown

Pfm

Polished FanMaps Include:

dm_crossfireb3
dm_gasworks
dm_lostisle
dm_chameleon

Was this just an excuse to use the term "fannies"? :E

Wilsonator said:
dm_gasworks
If you think gasworks is polished, dm_gasworksinc kicks regular dm_gasworks in the balls.
Repeatedly. :p

It's the most beautiful map out there, and it's a perfect remake. Definitely better than the official ones.
It's currently in beta, but it has next to no issues.

Ha. You said Fannies. That's American for bum, and English for front-bum.

Ha ha.

Sigh.

daverince said:
Ha. You said Fannies. That's American for bum, and English for front-bum.

Ha ha.

Sigh.

Lol!! Didn't know that. It just came out of innosence(sp?).

I saw Crossfire_2. It's design was well polished. Butt, it didn't suit HL2's gameplay style. Nothing to throw, not enough weapons, no long jump....etc.

No dude, Overwatch is a great level. Teamplay can get really competitive, and the design is ace. So there.

Nah. Its too open. I prefer small enclosed maps. I like overwatch with less than 6 players because with too many it gets ridiculous. The map itself (besides the outside areas) is cool though.

Lockdown shits all over it though. :)

Crossfire

Crossfire 0WNS, theres a base (with grabbable energy balls) which a team can take, then they can activate an air strike which takes like a minute so it's a mad rush for the base while the door slowly closes. (Hint- Go up the ladders and down through the vents.)

Wilsonator said:
Crossfire 0WNS, theres a base (with grabbable energy balls) which a team can take, then they can activate an air strike which takes like a minute so it's a mad rush for the base while the door slowly closes. (Hint- Go up the ladders and down through the vents.)

d00d - don't give away the ladder/vent secret... the only people who knew that before was every single goddamn person who ever played hldm....

overwatch is good with teams, lockdown is good with ffa. But other than those, I can't find any really good maps.

My opinion on which of the official maps is better differs. Overwatch is ok if there is no RPG wh0r3, but lockdown is annoying as hell if everyone starts lobbing plasma balls about and using no other weapons. If there are lots of players in overwatch, you can stay in the building ground floor and spawn camp as there are 2 spawn spots - this helps to overcome the rocket hogs.

You know, it's scientifically proven that spawn camping is 400% lamer than RPG overuse. :p

Mechagodzilla said:
You know, it's scientifically proven that spawn camping is 400% lamer than RPG overuse. :p

Was that supposed to be funny?

I'd like to see more official maps or some badass fan maps come to HL2DM because I got bored of the maps that I see now.

Another good polished map that I like to play in a lot, because its very balanced and seems "official" is dm_depot, give it a try.

island17 is my new favourite map. I hate really open maps but this is fantastic.

Back