How do i remove CS:S without removing Steam?

D

DaGoN

I don't want to remove Steam, I want to remove CS:S only...
How do i do that?

right click on it, go to properties or whatever, click delete local game content, wipe hands on pants

Wraith said:
right click on it, go to properties or whatever, click delete local game content, wipe hands on pants
I tried this before, and i get this following messege:
msg.JPG

i guess uninstall half life 2, and then uninstall cs:s, and then re-pre-download hl2.

thanks a lot for mixing up the GCF files VALVE you guys need to think shit through

DaGoN said:
I tried this before, and i get this following messege:
msg.JPG
hmm thats a strange one, I never saw that when I uninstalled CS:S the first time round. Maybe shut down, start it up and try again, or delete them manually in the user folder where the runnable game is kept

or something like that.. or just wipe the lot and start again like Wraith says.

People, i tried restart, and Wraith, "Remove HL2"?! How do i remove something which not exist?

azz0r said:
Why do you want to remove it?
It doesnt really matter does it? :)

Anyways, this might have been caused by the hl2 preload (like everybody else is saying before me). I think css / hl2 use each others gfc files. Remember how it said "unlocking hl2 content"?...

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
you have the preload right? remove that...
It took me something like 20 hours to download the whole preload, and you want to me to remove them....? I dont think so!

Why delete Counter-Strike: Source? Its the default game with HL2 anyways...

The game's seetings fu**ed up, and even if i remove the cfg's the fps still sux, in spot i had 96 fps i get 65 now.

wow you get 65 fps, that's really low.

the highest i got ever was 90 (somewhere outside a map), and in-game my higest ever was like 65

same card as you do but with 128mb RAM and have 120GB and a pentium iv 3.0 Ghz
running on a res of 1152x856 (or something like it)

DaGoN said:
The game's seetings fu**ed up, and even if i remove the cfg's the fps still sux, in spot i had 96 fps i get 65 now.

you have to be joking...
thats still pretty high.....

Back