How do you feel about Half-life 2's arsenal?

Half-life 2 Weapoooooooooooons

• Total voters
There's like a bilion of these threads in the Half-Life forum. The main one, i mean.

It was okay. But I couldn't care less if they brought new ones in.

I would've liked some new weapons, and an absence of and changes to some of the weapons that were included.

I was fine with them. I see you read Umbongo's posts UseAbuse. :p

They're just fine, but I'm still wondering what happened to the A-ks.

What kind of rebels don't have the Kalashnikov?

Hell, why don't the Combine use it?

Didn't they do any research before they came to Earth? Or are they really good at house-to-house searches?

Liked every, single, weapon. But maybe sneaking in just one new weapon could spice things up a bit.

I would always love a new weapon or two, though, as long nas it fit and whatnot.

I liked 'em. Some new ones would be OK, if it was something useful, not a bunch of different pistols.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain if there was one or two new ones providing it ain't some silly variant.

Hacksaw as weapon and flamethrower. I doubt I could ever complain if Valve gave us this in Ep. 2. Portal gun in Ep. 3 Please!

Different types of grenades would be fun; I like the black-hole grenade in EpOne despite all its potential for making the game crash. :D

edit - Also, perhaps some kind of tripmine or remotely-detonated explosive. From all the talk we've heard of EpTwo being less linear and such, it might actually be useful to lay traps now.

If we did get some new weapons it'd be nice to have a HL2DM update or even an Ep. 2 DM. Yeah tripmines would be nice given they make sense in a less linear HL that involves strategy and traps and such.

A do miss the AK-47 but I just don't think it would fit well with half-life 2's weapons

if only they had more turrets in the game. The Movable turrets are awesome

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of mounted anti vehicular gun. Like some sort of massive technological Combine recoilless rifle, but mounted.

More exotic weapons were needed, like a gun that shoots wire and ties up a Combine while doing damage would be cool

Why in hell's name would you need that? o_O

Why in hell's name would you need that? o_O

Cause I play Ratchet and Clank so damn much i need quirky weapons,

or

it could be cool and might be functional you could screw up Overwatch with it

It smacks of a weapon made for the sake of being quirky, and that sort of stuff wouldn't fit into the Half-Life Universe.

I hope Episode Two doesn't get a cliche "We've reprogrammed the scanners, they're on our side now!" bit.

Though I imagine the metrocops would've completely given up on the Combine side by now.

[gasmaskvoice] Screw This! [/gasmaskvoice]

I liked it, but 1 or 2 more wouldn't hurt.

Provided it makes sense.

It smacks of a weapon made for the sake of being quirky, and that sort of stuff wouldn't fit into the Half-Life Universe.

Doesnt really have to be quirky, it could be a weapon the Combine used to subdue large aliens like Antlion Guards but I use it to slice up Overwatch

Alt fire could be retracting the cords so fast that they shred the thing that is being fired at badly

Aren't metrocops just humans? No Combine mutants like Soldiers?

Because in trainstation one dude in the line for that coffeemachinethingy says something like "I could even join Overwatch to get this thing" when you pass him. I don't remember was it exactly like that.

Because in trainstation one dude in the line for that coffeemachinethingy says something like "I could even join Overwatch to get this thing" when you pass him. I don't remember was it exactly like that.

The metrocops are just normal humans, who have a better way of life such as better food, living quarters, and for exceptianoally good work, sex. They can however get a volintary upgrade (so mermories changed, cybernetic implants, alien dna, etc.) which leads to the soldier. Some get to go even further and sacrifice even more humanity to become elites.

Woah, I hope we see METROCOP REBELLION.

Barney was a Metrocop, right? And rebels are actually using some Metrocop stuff like the vest and such things.

But cops gotta be kinda cold-hearted people since they just bang you with stunstick when your near and such.

Woah, I hope we see METROCOP REBELLION.

Barney was a Metrocop, right? And rebels are actually using some Metrocop stuff like the vest and such things.

But cops gotta be kinda cold-hearted people since they just bang you with stunstick when your near and such.

Barney wasn't a real metrocop, just undercover for the resistance. At one point he mentions his beating quota is down, which shows he doens't do the same things the rest of the cops do. Although it is likely the resistance has several other agents on the inside.

He (or she) said "Civil Protection"

Those two forces are completely separate. You ever see them fighting side by side?

He (or she) said "Civil Protection"

Those two forces are completely separate. You ever see them fighting side by side?

Ya Civil Protection. I forget the name.

In Ep1 in the Exit 17 there are soldiers and metrocops coming against you when you transport the annoying citizens.

It was "meh", a few things that Valve should improve uppon:

1st) Better polygonal model for the MP7 (more details) and a larger barrel for the 25mm grenade launcher the MP7 uses (note: the Grenade Launcher's caliber is merely speculation from my part).

2nd) Instead of the simultaneous double blast (the shotgun's secondary function), wich is physically impossible, Valve should make the shotgun (I assume it's a SPAS-12) fire 2 rounds in a row in semi-automatic mode, no pump-action animation after the blast.

3rd) A proper reloading animation for the OISPR (Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle), instead of that cr*ppy piece of sh* animation, that doesn't even use the ammo pack of the OISPR (wich kind of resembles a "drum magazine").

Everything else is perfect.

2nd) Instead of the simultaneous double blast (the shotgun's secondary function), wich is physically impossible, Valve should make the shotgun (I assume it's a SPAS-12) fire 2 rounds in a row in semi-automatic mode, no pump-action animation after the blast.
In terms of coding it does fire 2 rounds at once, but if you listen I'm pretty sure the sound you hear is two rounds fired in quick succession.

3rd) A proper reloading animation for the OISPR (Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle), instead of that cr*ppy piece of sh* animation, that doesn't even use the ammo pack of the OISPR (wich kind of resembles a "drum magazine").
So true. You'll also notice that your don't actually have to reload it yourself, while the rebels and soldiers do.

Everything else is perfect.
Well...there are also a few inconsitancies between first person and world models of weapons.

Back