how do you force the fps up and what does it do?

P

Phik_wickson

I was jus talkin to a mate and he said you could force the fps, he said he didnt know how to but he read it online somewhere. I was wondering what does it do? does it make the game smoother? and how do u do it?
:farmer:

You can set the maximum fps, but you can't make it go up.

Just use fps_max.

This reminds of that patch that can upgrade hardware. :|

Frames per second.. it's .. literally that.

The amount of frames shown per second. Obviously if you get 5 Frames per second, it's going to seem to the eye extremely "choppy" or "skippy"

Anything above I believe the number is 24 and the human eye can no longer see the individual frames, and it becomes fluid motion totally.

fps_min 500 and your fps will never go below 500 its 1337!!! I am using a 486 with like 32kb of ram and i run hl2 with all on max and it doesn't lag at all

Xac493 said:
fps_min 500 and your fps will never go below 500 its 1337!!! I am using a 486 with like 32kb of ram and i run hl2 with all on max and it doesn't lag at all

uhhuh, dont believe u sorry, (bout the 486)
but doesnt forcing the frame rates overclock your video card?

You cannot force frames. Your hardware has to be able to output the frames. Really, you guys shouldn't talk about stuff you dont know about...

Turning off vsync just allows the game to get more FPS than your monitor's refresh rate. But it's still dependent on your hardware... You can set the max fps to 1,000 but you'll never get there.

you can force the frame rate lower. don't know why you'd want that though.

Slightly changing the question but can you force a refresh rate for the monitor? (I have to play at 800*600 to get it smooth n i wanna play it at 1600*1200, or w/e it is, my system shud b capable of it)

Scottie said:
Slightly changing the question but can you force a refresh rate for the monitor? (I have to play at 800*600 to get it smooth n i wanna play it at 1600*1200, or w/e it is, my system shud b capable of it)

If you have to play at 800*600, then no. Definately no. :|

Back