How does it run and your specs?

now I understand why the computer at Valve hq had 2GB or RAM!!!, it seems that anything below 1.5GB might experince laggy gameplay, no wonder mine sucks, only 512MB :(

P4 2.8
1gb 3200 ddr ram
256mb 9600xt

1024x768
All high settings
2x AA
2x AF

Runs Flawless :)

omg is that a joke above? I have same res as you, but 4Xaa, and 16Xaf, with an x800 pro and mine sure as hell doesn't run flawlessly! mine will dip down to 30 fps, especially in that boat thingy with all the water reflections.

MilkMan12 said:
Ok, first of all i dont know how to check fps so anyone with how to do that is awesome but this is from what Ive seen.

P4 3.2ghz
1gig of ram
Radeon 9800XT 256 mb

All settings maxed, Af trilinear, AA 6x, 1024X768 , i may get 30 second load times but i have not reached a slow moment yet, its great! By the way my fps sucks in CS:S for no reason with lower settings than that, but hey, what can ya do?

iomg i wrote to the wrong guy MAH BAD soz

I don't get my performance issues; it worked great early on in the game, even with lots of water and everything reflected and a little AA and AF, it ran smooth as vinaloo byproduct... but last night when I got to follow freeman, everything went to hell. Even when I reduced the details it spends half the time stuttering which is a shame seeing as when it IS running I apparently get 50-120 fps.

Love the game, but as far as graphics and performance goes, Far Cry and Doom 3 both looked better on lower resources. But when it WAS working on high everything... my eyes were in love with the thing.

I'm rather impressed about how well the game performs on my brother's PC.

he got: 2200+, 512 mb ddr (333) and a 9500 PRO.

The game is set to 1280x1024 and full details, and it is running quit fine! Ther's some slow moments when new maps are loaded and when you come into great areas.... but its actually running fine!

And it pleases me that you actuallt sont have to buy an extremely expensive computer to play HL2 in full sittings

Ps: No AA and stuff

9800xt xp 3200+ 512mb pc3200 everything highest + 16af and 6aa.. runs fine except for the ANNOYING AS **** spluttering and shit when things load which is an absolute joke and makes the game unplayable till its all loaded

The game defaulted my settings to everything on highest (except for waterreflection (4xAA, 8xAnisf), however, I upped water to reflect all, upped AA to 6 and Anisf to 16, 7.1 surround and 1600 x 1200.

Game runs at ~80 - +100 fps average and sometime dips down to around 70 fps when lots of stuff is going on. (I do however, get the studdering caused by the audio.)

I havent got the game yet but Im slighlty worried as to wether it will run or not.

Spec:
3.0Ghz P4
Ati PXC 256mb X600 XT
1Gb RAM (dual channel? no idea)
Fairly speedy DVD drive.

The only reason im worried is because:
1) My comp CANNOT run Halo without being jerky...unplayable
2) But it can play theif 3 fine, all settings high

Cnt think of nething else to compare atm....could I have spyware or something....I have my firewall (McAfee) on standard/tight security most of the time.

Any thoughts, thanks.

Spec:
3.2 Ghz P4
ATi Radeon 9800
1GB PC 3200 RAM

I ran fine with everything on high, 2 *AA and no AF but when I came to the chapter ''anticitizen one'' it became unplayable, it's barely playable even with everything on the lowest settings :( Is there anyone who have a sulotion for the problem?

I've got:

Athlon XP 2500+ (running at 1.47Ghz)
512 MB RAM
128 MB GeForce FX 5200
In Windows XP SP1

Counter-Strike: Source runs fine at high resolutions on max detail most of the time, but Half-Life 2 is another story. I was really frustrated with the game at first because it ran so slowly even at the default settings it "recommended" for my system.

It had me running at 800x600 with detail levels set on Medium, Shaders on Low, and Anti-Aliasing off. My framerate would be around 18 or 19fps most of the time but it could sometimes get down to totally unplayable if there was a lot going on on the screen. Also, everytime I turned a corner, it froze for about 3 seconds to render everything.

Finally, as an experiment, I decided to try it at 640x480 and it runs pretty well most of the time now even with most of the detail levels and shaders, etc. turned up. My only complaint at this point are the long load times. I wait for 2 or 3 minutes at each area-border, and also it takes 5-10 minutes to "Apply" most graphics setting changes.

The sound stuttering problem is really annoying and constant even with everything all the way down, though.

Back