How Embarrassing

B

Beardo

Remember when you stop to get your airboat juiced up by a vortigaunt and there are two other citizens there?

I was so pumped up at that point, to be getting some firepower (also a mate was watching over my shoulder) and the Vortigaunt shouted ''For Freedom!'' (i think).

The women said ''Go get 'em!'', so I sped out of there and about a few yards away a barnacle grabbed me.

I actually looked round (in the game) to see if the citizens saw it (sad i know) I was so embarrassed. Did anyone else get caught by that barnacle?

Nope, but i caught caught by others barnacles, and thats always embarassing :)

What do barnacles eat btw?

I know they spit out zombies and eat crows but has anyone tried other npcs?

I think they eat anything dumb enough to get caught on its tounge thing

One question...

Why are you using 2 ' isntead of a " ?

LOL is it like a habit or did you not know about the quotation marks key?

Oh, and REALLY funny story there lol.

heh, how embarrasing...

Imagine seeing the Gman walking off agian and he trips over and falls face first in the mud in front of you... That would be embarrasing :LOL:

Danimal said:
heh, how embarrasing...

Imagine seeing the Gman walking off agian and he trips over and falls face first in the mud in front of you... That would be embarrasing :LOL:
Wait.. If he is walking off, how does he fall right in front of you?

In follow freeman straight after coming out of the Nexus building I was looking around in aw an got stepped on by a strider with my full team watching

Damn that's funny.. . :cheers:

vegeta897 said:
One question...

Why are you using 2 ' isntead of a " ?

LOL is it like a habit or did you not know about the quotation marks key?

Oh, and REALLY funny story there lol.
Very observant there! im impressed dood! :eek:

ríomhaire said:
In follow freeman straight after coming out of the Nexus building I was looking around in aw an got stepped on by a strider with my full team watching

Hey I nearly got stepped on by a strider but for some reason I got thrown up in the air, far above the striders. I fell back down again and died from the fall.

That was weird. I think it was that bit just before you need to get to the horse statue.

When i was playing with a huge cabinet using the Grav gun. The huge cabinet bounced back at me and i got squished.

I was in Ravenholme and i was attacking zombies with the trap blade that breaks when you use it. It bounced back and killed me.

dj_flameskull said:
When i was playing with a huge cabinet using the Grav gun. The huge cabinet bounced back at me and i got squished.
lol... mine was much worser... Dog accidentaly killed me wen he threw the APC in chapter 12 or was it 13. :smoking:

hahaa! got crushed by an APC! that's painful! :LOL: yea i remember that level.. when Dog totally lost his temper. hehe!

But the embarassing that happend to me while playing this game is when i was in Ravenholm. It was the first time i encountered these prowlers (the ninja - like zombies) That time it was about 1am and all the lights were off. The whole house was quiet.

My speakers were still turned up and i was really immersed into the game and i was feeling bit freaked right from the start of the level. Then suddenly this zombie screams from my back "WHRAAAAArr". :eek: so i actually jumped off my seat and almost fell. I wathced Gordon die.
And I dndt know my lil sis saw me from the couch.. :eek:

Goalie31 said:
I think they eat anything dumb enough to get caught on its tounge thing

Exept zombies . It kinda hate's it ( spits it out in the first moment of chewing ) . :p

I would like to throw a G-man into a Barnacle ... DIE BASTARD , DIE !!!!!!!! :devil:

Walter said:
I would like to throw a G-man into a Barnacle ... DIE BASTARD , DIE !!!!!!!! :devil:

I did that once, I spawned a barnacle on the underside of the railbridge in highway 17, then spawned a gman directly under it. The barnacle sucked him up and ate him, so i shot it, and the gman just fell out, whole (which is funny because, the barnacle is shorter than the gman...).

Canadian Gunner said:
The barnacle sucked him up and ate him, so i shot it, and the gman just fell out, whole (which is funny because, the barnacle is shorter than the gman...).

Yeah I found that really wierd, how the barnacle devored a character, the barnacle is pretty small, but they go all the way inside the barnacle.

Remember HL1 where the barnacle chewed on their head abit before gibbing them? :E

If you feed a barnacle an explosive barrel, then shoot it when it's near its 'mouth'... just watch...

embarrising? well, i hate those barnicles soo much that whenever i got grabbed by one, i would just restart from the last savepoint so i wouldnt have to look up at them to shoot them. man those things were gross looking in this game :)

Yeah I found that really wierd, how the barnacle devored a character, the barnacle is pretty small, but they go all the way inside the barnacle.

Maybe most of its body is buried deep in the ceiling.

I was watching somebody play the other day, he was at the beginning of Follow Freeman I believe, and a Combine soldier came around the corner and got snagged by a barnacle. We both watched as he went up, and up, and up.... and then got munched. :D

Oh, and I also got snagged on the airboat. Once is enough to avoid it in the future...

The most embarrasing death... would have to be picking up an explosive barrel to lob at some combine soldiers in City 17... and they opened up on me, hit the barrel and killed me... with all my team of resistance members watching.

:eek:

Or possibly while on th bridge level running for cover while shooting at combine soldiers, and falling off the bridge.

Ooops.

Well it wasn't really that embarrassing for me, but at Point Insertion where Barney takes you to that interrogation room, the guy that was supposed to leave didn't. So Barney took of his helmet as usual and started talking to me, with that Combine soldier still standing in the corner. Quite funny. He didn't do anything though. :)

In ravenholm i shot those spinning blades you can turn on, and kept shooting them with the gravity gun primary until they spun so fast they they actually flew off of the platform, spinning and back to the floor while bouncing and owned me :)

Shadow][ said:
In ravenholm i shot those spinning blades you can turn on, and kept shooting them with the gravity gun primary until they spun so fast they they actually flew off of the platform, spinning and back to the floor while bouncing and owned me :)
Hmm, one of those is supposed to come off... was it that one? I, fortunately, did not get owned by it when it came loose, but I did lose it after taking out a few monsters with it.

Back