How fast can you type

Dan

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.typingtest.com/contents/java/typetest/default.htm

I got up to 90 some words per minute 98% accuracy on my best try. 70 on my worst. I was never very good with those touch typing lessons that they gave us in school. I learned to touch type by playing text MUDs back when I was really geeky. Nobody told me that you could bind things to macros, so i'd be typing out, "cast heal" or whatever commands at breakneck speeds while battling some ogre or something.

About 100WPM at 95% accuracy. Gets really tiring after a while, though.

haha lol i cant ****ing say what i got:D

77 WPM, 92% accuracy.
I type weird. I only use my left hand for the shift key, so I'll hit the "a" with my 4th finger instead of my pinky when I'm using shift and "a". but i've gotten so used to it, that sometimes I just shift my hand over so my pinky is on the shift key and i use my 4th finger for both "a" and "s"....

[edit] got 79 WPM/95% accuracy 2nd time through... ehh, a little better.

74 WPM and 97% accuracy because I can't tell periods from commas. :p

And I tried installing the plug-in for Firefox about 4 times... doesn't work...

infinity billion WPM with 100% accuracy

First try on 2 minute test, 55WPM with 95% accuracy. I like to be accurate with spelling and stuff, I did a lot of backspacing :)

However my grammar wasn't perfectional.

I got 88 WPM with 86% accuracy. I remember starting to learn how to type in 2nd grade (9 years ago) and thinking how fast 30 wpm was :)

I remember I was the fastest typer in my class, and my computer class teacher was like "Good job Edward, you must practice at home.", and everyone in the class started laughing at me :eek:

i get 30 - 40 wpm and i cant touchtipe, with 80 - 90% accuracy.
:(

43 WPM w/ 90% accuracy

Considering 32 WPM is considered above average im happy...

73 WPM 90 % Accuracy.

I don't know how anyone is doing 102 WPM. That's insane. I'm typing my heart out here....

Does anyone look at the keyboard when they type?

Baal said:
Yep - that test wasn't really fair in that respect; i kept having to stop and read the next sentance, which slowed me down loads because normally when i'm typing i'm writing as i think, not copying.

Yes, yes, i got a low score. :)

Ok, I was just wondering. Because not looking at the keyboard is a huge help...

For me it was.

SLH said:
Yep - that test wasn't really fair in that respect; i kept having to stop and read the next sentance, which slowed me down loads because normally when i'm typing i'm writing as i think, not copying.

Yes, yes, i got a low score. :)

hmm interesting. i do the opposite -- it's easier for me to type when i'm just copying from something already written down (maybe because that's the way we learned it in keyboarding class). but i don't look at the keyboard regardless. if i'm typing while i'm thinking, it usually goes slower... but that's probably because i think slower.

Results:

Test Name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors
Gross Speed: 154 WPM
Errors: 300 Words
Net Speed: 0 WPM
Accuracy: 0%

Baal said:

Nope, after a while you just get used to the layout of the keyboard, I never look down anymore. I spared a few errors by quickly backspacing any mistakes I made, too.

I'm really l33t at typing.

Actually, I have to look at the keyboard still. When I am writing something, I can type pretty fast, but when I read something an type, I'm slow.

Check it out:

EDIT: sorry, it's hard to see. It's 33 words a minute with 2 errors. :D

I'd say about 30 words per minute, and a few letter errors.

Meh, 54 wpm, 94% accuracy. And I'm shit at touch-typing, so sue me.

Me touch-typing: Hello my name is sulkdodds and I am not beru good at touch-tuping. See?

I type weird. I only use my left hand for the shift key, so I'll hit the "a" with my 4th finger instead of my pinky when I'm using shift and "a". but i've gotten so used to it, that sometimes I just shift my hand over so my pinky is on the shift key and i use my 4th finger for both "a" and "s"....
daaang! thats what i do too, your the first person i know who does that. the only time i usually use the right shift is when im doing parentheses or asterisks or whatever up there....otherwise i use the left shift. Until now that is, now i cant really use the left shift at all(its all sticky-ass). based on my daily typing id say i would probalbly get around 70+ with near 100% accuracy(98-99), if i didnt take the time to backspace my mistakes i would probably get 85+ with like 93%. but i cant access the page, and my keyboard is really screwed up right now, so w/e.

i do touch type, when i look down at the keyboard i look more at they keys im not typing(looking then thinking then typing just takes that much more time).

I can type 300 words per min with 100% accuracy.... in my own language of course...

[Matt] said:
I can type 300 words per min with 100% accuracy.... in my own language of course...

01000010011010010110111001100001011100100111100100111111 ?

43 words per min at a blazing accuracy of 83% I think I'm tyign aloely be ca se my finger aer tried......

Back