How fit are you?

1. I probably couldnt run for 20 minutes straight, as in sprinting, a light run i could do but i cant fathom how far i'd go, i've never run for that long.

2. under 20, about 15 last time i tried.

3. I cant do 'em, never have been able to. At most i'd do one, and give up. It's these i really need to do too... because i have a beer belly and i look preggers. Not good for an 18 year old :(

I cycle abit, but it didnt seem to do much. I think i need to do what Farrow does and go out for an hour, not 20 minutes to a lecture and 20 back. Where I am we arent allowed to cycle along the coastal path :( and thats the best and safest place....

1. How far can you run in 20 minutes?

2. How many Pushups/Pressups can you do without a break.

3. How many Situps can you do without a break.

1. About... 2-3 miles. lol, I'm no trackstar.

2. I guess 30.

3. 70.

I told you. I'm no trackstar. My last body composition test (last week) said I was 125 pounds, 9.6% body fat.

I used to be pretty strong, but ive been to lazy lately and gotten a little fat.

Razor said:
Just wondering on how fit everyone in here is, i know some of you are going to be a lot fitter then others, Short Recoil being one of them, but how fit are you?

Fitness rated on these 3 things

1. How far can you run in 20 minutes?

2. How many Pushups/Pressups can you do without a break.

3. How many Situps can you do without a break.

For me it is:

1. 3800metres
2. 12
3. 60

Approximate values:
1. ~3km.
2. ~20
3. ~50

Just because I can doesn't mean I do though. Most days I do a few situps and go for a run to keep healthy.
I could probably boost those numbers if I went on an excercise rampage, but I don't care that much :)

I don't exercise much, but I skateboard upwards of 3 to 4 hours per day, walk 2 miles to school, play Ultimate Frisbee every day, and eat relatively healthy food. That and I have an absurdly high metabolism. Hence, I am six feet tall, weigh 130 pounds, and have a BMI of 6.

Well, I dunno what my numbers are, but just imagine George Costanza from Seinfeld with more hair on his head and less body hair, and taller.

Shamrock said:
6000 for each.

Oh c'mon, even I can run further than 6000cm. :LOL:
And bliink 3km is very impressive for 20 minutes! But you're talking about when being chased by mad kangaroos, right? :p

Datrix said:
And bliink 3km is very impressive for 20 minutes! But you're talking about when being chased by mad kangaroos, right? :p

kangaroos probably dont have that kind of stamina :p

3km? do you mean 3 miles? (no offense) 3km in 20 minutes isn't that impressive...

JNightshade said:
3km? do you mean 3 miles? (no offense) 3km in 20 minutes isn't that impressive...

3 miles = 4.828032 kilometers

I said 3km because I ran that far in about 20 minutes the other day.

I used to be reasonably fit. I used to get up in the morning, do 100 situps and pushups and do the same before I went to sleep. I still do skipping for 30mins most days. Once I realised my career in tennis wasn't going to happen I stopped my training, I used to play 6 days a week...

That was like 3 or 4 years ago, I'd like to get fit now but full time work has a way of sapping your energy. I'm still underweight for my height and age. I think I'd still be considered fit by most people's standards.

I'm nowhere near as fit as I used to be, stupid injuries preventing me from training for the last year and a half :(

Now I can:

Run - not at all. Split knee ligament and fractured kneecap = no running. I do like cycling though.

Pushups - around 50. Used to be much higher.

Situps - probably 60-70. Not sure.

And where you place your hands on a pushup works different muscles. Placing them close to your sides works the triceps. Placing them further apart works the biceps and pectorals. And back muscles (name escapes me at the moment).

1: Matters what is chasing me
2: Alot....
3: Alot...

I lift weights 4 times a week, don't run much though. Havn't done maxes for my weights in awhile either. Probably should.

Im pretty out of shape because I havent been doing much excersise lately.

My fastest mile time out of shape is 8:30 (minutes) and well for 20 minutes if I can keep my pace I guess its 2-3 miles.

In testing out of shape for pushups I can do...crap I forget, I think it was 50-55 or 30-35. I knwo thats a big difference but I really cant remember. If I tried right now Im sure I would get in between that.

Sit Ups I have no friggin clue. Theres so many different ways to do one and it always varies.

To replace that, in 1 minute I can do like 120 jump ropes. (its a test in my phys ed class).

1. A bit under 5k. I was working towards a 20 min 5k back when I was running a lot.

2. 50ish

3. A lot, I usually do sets of 30. I think I could do atleast 50

I row competatively. I could kick anybodies ass (on this forum) on an erg (rowing machine)

JNightshade said:
I don't exercise much, but I skateboard upwards of 3 to 4 hours per day, walk 2 miles to school, play Ultimate Frisbee every day, and eat relatively healthy food. That and I have an absurdly high metabolism. Hence, I am six feet tall, weigh 130 pounds, and have a BMI of 6.

I also play ultimate frisbee, great game. Very difficult, stamina is a huge part of that game. Also having a BMI of 6 would be legally dead dude. Either that or extremely extremely bullumic anerexic and all that other stuff. I forgot the equation but I do remember a good BMI is between 20-24. 26+ is considered overweight. Im like 17.3 or 18 right now, im very skinny and tall, i eat a lot though. Just my metabolism. Im like 100pounds right now. But if your BMI is really 6 please go to a doctor and get on life support immediately lol.

Update-BMI is height/mass squared i think. I did this on a website and my BMI is still 16.63 lol, underweight. Your real BMI is around 17, also underweight.

1. I don't actually know at all. It wont be very good. I do no aerobic fitness at all. :rolling:

2. I can do 100 and push myself to 150 when I have somthing like peer presure :p

3. Erm, well I can do 100 - 125 scrunches (sp). Which is where you do a situp and also bring your knees to your chest. Don't know what that translates to in situps. And I have too much of a hangover to try right now :p

Well...

Normally..:

1. 3 metres
2. 0
3. 0

HOWEVER:

on cadet camp...

1. about 3 kilometres
2. 30
3. 10

Suffice to say.. you can do anything if a drill cane is pointed at your face :O

3.5miles.

I can't do pushups; ****ed-up collarbone makes strange noises

Depends what kind

Fitness is a big part of my life right now - I have a routine going every morning where I do a bunch of situps, cycle to the pool, do a couple ten lengths or so, have a sauna, cycle to college ( 5miles altogether ). It feels insanely good; for those of you wanting to get fitter, do it, it's worth the feeling alone.

asking how many someone can do is sorta pointless considering the faster you do them the easier and less effective they are

OCybrManO said:
A couple of years ago I could do about as much as firemachine69 listed... but I ****ed up my left knee and haven't gotten much, if any, exercise in since then. I probably couldn't do half of it now. My knee is about as close to normal as it's going to get... so, I'm going to start again soon. I hate being out of shape. It feels horrible.

Agreed. I missed the healthy body I had in grade 11 fitness... Wow... Been 3 years... Just recently (like within a year) have started taking myself a little more seriously.

Back