How long do you think it will be until....

Sparta

Reaction score
There is a HL2 themed multiplayer mod?

Something big like Combine vs Resistance, with vehicles and shit (hehehe)

Considering there isn't actually a HLDM (There should have been you lazy sobs)
Not too long I would think. A lot of people are anxious to get in there and start playing without the CS lameness.

um.. like 1 month or maybe 2...
or just 2weeks??

It wouldn't be that hard to make, because all the models and what-not are already in the game. Its just a matter of making the maps

That would be all well and true if there was a system in place that allows you to play multiplayer via HL2.
Which I don't think there is as they are saying that HL2s MP will be CS S :x
This being the case, HL2 will not have any default MP/Lan code available to use. IF there was then why are they saying CS S is the only MP when HL2DM is indeed there... Just waiting for someone to make maps for it?

So I think it will take a couple months atleast.

And if they just port the singleplayer maps and adjust them a bit, its not unfeasible to think there would be a hastily thrown together but workable mod beefore the europeans get the game

And if they start working on it now(loading screens, etc)...

Only thing that would delay it is that the mod amkers would want to play the game a bit first :)

Lately I've been thinking that a few MP mods will be released immediately with HL2. As in the same day. This is probably all part of Valve's plan - to work closely in advance with modders so they can do all the work on MP so Valve doesn't have to. HL2 gets released and all of the sudden we have half a dozen different MPs to choose from. And they better be free...

yeah, stalker will be out before HL2DM hits, IMO.

Valve never said there wouldn't be a multiplayer.
They just said there wouldn't be one at release.

This means, we get the game "early" (no more time spent on the DM) and we play sp for a while, and then HL2DM should be ready, and we play it.
:)
Sounds good to me.

I dont know, HL2DM wouldnt take any time at all to add, unless they want to do a valve quality job

And even if they do, if it goes gold now, that gives them 2 months to get a patch out before the game is released

I think i'll be happy with the SP.... *shrugs*

Sparta said:
There is a HL2 themed multiplayer mod?

Something big like Combine vs Resistance, with vehicles and shit (hehehe)

a really good one? or a rushed, crappy one?
because a really good one should and probably will take 6+ months.. u know what they say.. "good things take time" :smoking:

i wonder why there was never a marine vs alien teamplay mod for hl1. that would have been cool in my opinion... 8 )

nerdcorerocks said:
i wonder why there was never a marine vs alien teamplay mod for hl1. that would have been cool in my opinion... 8 )

Err... Sven Co-op?

no, i meant a deathmatch teamplay. One side is marines with standard weapons, the other side is composed of aliens with their crazy alien weapons. that could have been sweet

Back