How many of you would like to work with valve?

Would you like to work with valve?

• Yes

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • No, because I already have a job

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I know I would. Although there are many other games companys I would not hesitate to work with aswell, valve stands out. Because I am aiming to be a 3D artist of perfection when I am older. I would love to create game charcters etc AND put them onto computer. How many of you (probably teens wise, not adults with a job) would like to become somehow involved with a game, or with valve.

Aiming for 3d artist too...And im not waiting to become older.

As for valve...I would love to work their.

i've already got a diploma in 3d computer animation but if you wanna be a 3d artist...you gotta be real pure talent..its not something anybody can do...probably one of the hardest jobs ever i'd say :) (if you aint got the talent)

I like to play Valve's games, not make them. If you worked on a Half-Life game you certainly wouldn't want to play it afterwards. At least not for entertainment's sake.

I'd like to work with Steam and/or marketing/management.

Wouldn't want to work on the game at all, I think the most important jobs in the industry today are in these kinds of departments as the current people in the jobs are businessmen not gamers.

I'm 15 and I've been practicing game design work for more than a year now, and Valve is the company I'd most like to work with if I ever got a chance to. I'm certainly pursuing game design and I've read several books on breaking into the industry, on game design, and on general game development, so I think I may eventually get the chance.

no, they seem to have to many problems, but there are other game studios i'd like to work with.

Audiophile said:
I'm 15 and I've been practicing game design work for more than a year now, and Valve is the company I'd most like to work with if I ever got a chance to. I'm certainly pursuing game design and I've read several books on breaking into the industry, on game design, and on general game development, so I think I may eventually get the chance.

this aint a resume son.

i would like to work in the games industry, but i dont know what kinds of jobs are availabe except 3d/2d artists and mappers, neither of which i am currently able to do to see if i am good at them, ah well...

rf

Man, I would like to work for Valve...
And you what I would be doing?

Making some sweet f**kin' desktop-icons! :LOL:

I'm only 13, but I my career goal is being a game designer/coder, working mainly for first-person shooters. I plan to get started with coding in high school next year. Right now I'm just too busy with gaming for more work. :D

Heavy P said:
Man, I would like to work for Valve...
And you what I would be doing?

Making some sweet f**kin' desktop-icons! :LOL:

Same as Gabe then? :LOL:
What DOES Gabe do? I cant recall his actual job title and description :x

I used to want to design games...but lately I've changed my mind. I used to play games for like 6-8 hours a day, but then for some reason I just lost interest and started doing other things. I guess you could say I got a life. Now I can't play a game for more than 1 or 2 hours before I start getting restless and designing games just doesn't seem appealing any more.

Back