How many times did you ...

incorrigible

Reaction score
press the use key at Alex when Kleiner was talking about "preserving the species ..." and "now would be a good time to ..." hoping for at least a response? I gave up at about a dozen.

Not with Alex, but rather with Barney. After he gave you the crowbar, I tried to use key on him so he would promise me another beer or something, but he was silent. I was disappointed with that.

Glenn the Great said:
Not with Alex, but rather with Barney. After he gave you the crowbar, I tried to use key on him so he would promise me another beer or something, but he was silent. I was disappointed with that.

So when Kleiner was talkind about "preserving the species", it was not really about having a beer, but someting more... how can i say that... physical!!
So if you think that Barney and Freeman can do it, i'm openminded so it's ok for me, but i doubt that the result will be so great in the reproductive way!!

flycrusher said:
So when Kleiner was talkind about "preserving the species", it was not really about having a beer, but someting more... how can i say that... physical!!
So if you think that Barney and Freeman can do it, i'm openminded so it's ok for me, but i doubt that the result will be so great in the reproductive way!!

What's wrong with you?

I just want to have a beer with Barney. That's all.

Alyx gives such misleading expressions. One second she'll timidly smile at you, the next look a bit disguntled/sad. So I tried for a minute or two.

She was just toying with me.

That look of female annoyance was her natural response when you 'click' her too often. (As I found out myself rather recently. Apparently she didn’t want me to carry her threw the 'Nasty' water. Despite the fact I found myself more then willing to.)

What I didn’t get at first was just she seemed so embarrassed about admitting Eli was her father. As if he really had anything to do with Kleiner’s little sex rant. That she had said Odessa was instead her father. But as someone pointed out to me, In the Book (I haven’t been able to read 'Raising the Bar' yet…) It explains that in early scripts Alyx's dad was Odessa, not Eli.

Neko! said:
That look of female annoyance was her natural response when you 'click' her too often. (As I found out myself rather recently. Apparently she didn’t want me to carry her threw the 'Nasty' water. Despite the fact I found myself more then willing to.)

What I didn’t get at first was just she seemed so embarrassed about admitting Eli was her father. As if he really had anything to do with Kleiner’s little sex rant. That she had said Odessa was instead her father. But as someone pointed out to me, In the Book (I haven’t been able to read 'Raising the Bar' yet…) It explains that in early scripts Alyx's dad was Odessa, not Eli.

Very true. Alyx looks more like Odessa than Eli.

Part of the plot that Alyx is really Odessaa's daugther or she is embarassed of Eli, or was it that some parts of the Valve team are missinformed?

I believe it was only Valve giving off little hints for people who have read the book. Almost a gag of sorts.

Surely we all know by now that Eli is Alyx's true Father. And as much as Eli she doesn’t look like, she looks even less like Odessaa's child. Of course from the photo in Black Mesa East we can see quite clearly Alyx gets her looks from her mother. Which would explain why she doesn’t quite look like her father.

Neko! said:
I believe it was only Valve giving off little hints for people who have read the book. Almost a gag of sorts.

Surely we all know by now that Eli is Alyx's true Father. And as much as Eli she doesn’t look like, she looks even less like Odessaa's child. Of course from the photo in Black Mesa East we can see quite clearly Alyx gets her looks from her mother. Which would explain why she doesn’t quite look like her father.

Her response was sarcastic, not literal. And her father was originally Captain Vance, not Odessa.

But still... what was that bit of dialog supposed to mean?

TheSmJ said:
But still... what was that bit of dialog supposed to mean?
She was being sarcastic. It was a joke, her father is Eli. That is all. Thankyou for listening.

Also, I did that on my last playthrough, after she asked if Kleiner was really telling everyone to get busy, she looked at me, I looked at her, I pressed "use" and she said; "Yeah!".

Best thing she said all through the game, really.

Back