how stingy can valve get ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sam_justice

I was looking at that for every 5000 gold purchased someone can go to valve things and this is what it is

The trip to Valve's headquarters includes:

Two nights' accommodation at a hotel of Valve's choice near Valve's Washington state headquarters.
Coach class airfare to Seattle, Washington.
A tour of Valve's facilities.
Lunch with a select group of Valve employees.
An autographed Half-Life 2 poster.

wow we get to eat sandwiches with gabe and sit their watching them make games, all after the long coach trip which was so thoughtfully paid for by valve, come on thats an all time low, I would give it away to someone else if i won

Ssshhh....

Edit: Who WOULDNT Want to eat sandwhiches with Gabe!

i'd sell it on ebay.

gabe would eat all your sandwhiches.

sam_justice said:
I was looking at that for every 5000 gold purchased someone can go to valve things and this is what it is

Two nights' accommodation at a hotel of Valve's choice near Valve's Washington state headquarters.

wow we get to eat sandwiches with gabe and sit their watching them make games, all after the long coach trip which was so thoughtfully paid for by valve, come on thats an all time low, I would give it away to someone else if i won

well now that we know how much u value such a prize...im sure others will follow suit.. :upstare:
seriously...for a fan of the HL series, this prize is quite nice to be honest... its not every day u get to meet the makers of one of ur fav PC games.

besides...all that "shock and awe" of meeting Gabe and company isn't everything to everyone here...i am sure some pple here would love to meet some of the Valve folks for insight on how gaming companies run...to get some sort of idea.

it can be fun and educational/informative if looked at from those angles.

What do you want? A million dollars? Greedy. They're paying for you to have a trip.

And, you probably can't sell it on ebay. Why? Because they say they can and will take away the prize at their discretion, which would probably be done if they saw someone selling it on ebay. It just goes to show that the winner doesn't want it.

Is this a joke? You are seriously whining about the trip to valve? Go do something else with your time.

I agree with nutcrackr, this is for HL/HL2/VALVe fans. I'd go in a heartbeat I would win...

I dont see how its stingy. They didnt have to give out trips at all. I dont think very many people bought Gold just for that 1/5000 chance.

sam_justice said:

and your complaining about them being tight and sandwiches (which isn't even mentioned so you made it up)

Really, don't worry about it, you'll probably not win it, hope you don't too, hope someone who would appreciate it wins, rather than someone who's never gonna be happy with anything.

And it's like - gosh - they're only flying you Coach? Mummy and Daddy always upgrade me to at least business class!

Whiney little Pussy! Go do something useful with your time.

Hey sam_justice. Nice face, asshole.

Translation of his whiney rant: "Oh, boo hoo guys, where's my mummy and daddy, I'm weely weely annoyed that naughty Walve didn't spend more money to spoil me just like mummy and daddy do, especially to reward the community when they didnt have to when most other game developers dont even consider it... boo hoo.. wheres my tissue... jomg"

In short: You're an annoying crybaby. Go away.

eediot said:
Hey sam_justice. Nice face, asshole.

Translation of his whiney rant: "Oh, boo hoo guys, where's my mummy and daddy, I'm weely weely annoyed that naughty Walve didn't spend more money to spoil me just like mummy and daddy do, especially to reward the community when they didnt have to when most other game developers dont even consider it... boo hoo.. wheres my tissue... jomg"

In short: You're an annoying crybaby. Go away.
Ah yes. This discourse reaches a record level of sophistication.

Why do people come HERE to complain????

Seriously go and whine somewhere else, like steampowered, see what they think of your noise.

GetCool said:
Ah yes. This discourse reaches a record level of sophistication.

Just adhering to the appropriate level of intelligent conversation determined by the topic starter.

If you hadn't noticed or couldn't appreciate my post, it was sarcasm. Yes, there is sarcasm on the internet.

I think we've all had our say and he feels well and truly stupid now. So

*locked* :E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back