How this new episode will work

BigJack

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop a while, so forgive me if my info is a little old. I wanted to know whether the owners of both hl2 the original and episode one will be able to seamlessly play the two games together? ie, you get to the climax of hl2, and then play straight into ep1 without exiting, seeing credits, loading up etc etc.

If this is not the case, then I seriously think valve should consider doing it this way. Think about how much fun it would be once there are four or five episodes to go on a monster playing spree that links from one to the next. Theres a great feeling of achievement when you think back of all the stuff you've got through to make it to this point a la hl1 when u reach the surface. They could make a world record for longest game!

Obviously if they did this they should also make it possible to play each one seperately aswell.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be cool?

no, you make a good point. I would like the idea of being able to go from one to the next. But im not too sure how they would go on to do that

I totally agree - and for what I've heard valve will not be doing this
which is a terrible shame

when I finally buy all 4 together, I want the 3 gordon focused ones to be fully integrated with HL2 as one story arc, but like alot of things, I'd wager that they will be standalone products only :(

but it does depend on how they end. Joining up HL1 and 2 didn't make sense as there is a roughly 10 year gap between them. We know that HL2 and Ep1 are immediately next to each other time wise, but that's not to say the rest of the episodes will be, so it might not make sense to have them grouped in a single play?

Yeah i was thinking this same thing, about how it would be awesome to string everything together for one huge game. I wonder if some time in the future when valve does stuff like adding hdr to hl 2, if they will create a unified version.

yes indeed there may be large time gaps, but the point is that from gordons eyes no time had passed at all to him. so as one experience altogether, it is gordons story from his viewpoint lived by us.

I think if valve dont do join them up, it will undoubtedly (or hopefully) be done by the mod community.

BigJack said:
yes indeed there may be large time gaps, but the point is that from gordons eyes no time had passed at all to him.

That only applies to HL1 and HL2, since we don't know yet how the
episodes fit in. Gordon may be aware of time passing this time around.

Have you seen the end of HL1 go directly to the beginning of HL2? It's awesome. It doesn't matter if 10 years pass, because it only felt like a few seconds to Gordon.

It would make speed runs VERY interesting.

Back