how to keep crouching with one click?

chestburster

Reaction score
hi
is there a way to stay down without constantly holding down its assigned button/key?
a disability makes it problematic for me to manage it in standard mode (hold button to stay down).

thanks for any advice.

the burst

Toggle is usually an on/off switch, I'd try it. Don't know much about how things work in this game yet, doesn't help it didn't come with a manual...

Hi

This may work, try it out, I cant try it out just now but I do hope it does work :D

Put this in your autoexec.cfg:

alias crouch "cr1"
alias cr1 "+duck; alias crouch cr2"
alias cr2 "-duck; alias crouch cr1"
bind "CTRL" "crouch"

Technically it should work, I apologise if it does not however.

Wow i'm gonna add this in my game. My keyboard is a shitty one that only lets me have 2 keys pressed at once, so if i want to crouch, and walk forwards and to the side it beeps at me!!

thanks

thats awsome, I'd say that improves gameplay. :naughty:

the only flaws are:

If your crouched when a round ends, when the next round begins you move at crouch speed but are standing, you just have to hit the crouch button and it goes away though, so no biggie.

and also, when spectating after death or something you can't access the spectator menu at the bottom of the screen. but i don't really care about that one either.

DytHlt said:
and also, when spectating after death or something you can't access the spectator menu at the bottom of the screen. but i don't really care about that one either.
You could bind a key to "+duck" and then use that key to access the spectator menu.

another problem can be that one can´t restart after dieing in Halflife 2. If so, just click the duck-key again and then it works. (i have to say that i have assigned the MOUSE2 to duck.

5 button is better 1 on each side 2 on top and the wheel
they rock thaught they would be a mess on at first but it works well just use the button where ya thumb is to duck it's like they wher made just for that :afro:

try using one closer to another set of keys , i know someone with 3 fingers who play cs , yes his name is fing3h lol, i think he uses E button to crouch? does that help

i know someone with 3 fingers who play cs , yes his name is fing3h lol, i think he uses E button to crouch? does that help

hehe, awesome :)

Back