How to kill that tall bitch?

I was wondering... why in the videos do they fire at the Striders if they supposedly are bullet proof? maybe they are trying to throw off our speculation, or the AI don't know that bullets don't work; it will be interesting to see how smart those stick monsters are; like if you run quickly around a building and go inside it and into the basement, mayb they'll blow the whole structure apart :p

I agree with thy signature, spuddy. Why, when HL 2 cums out I will barely have time to shave mine scrotum.

heh, me, well...dunnno WHEN I'll get to play it...
15 hours isn't alot, but two Gorden Rule classes (Alot of writing) some science, and a lit class...*Sigh*

I NEED to keep at least a 3.0....

think starwars

think star wars remember the empirial walkers....lets see how did they do....YOU HAVE TO FIND A SPACE CRAFT! man it, fly around in circles aroundthe beast !drop a line to teather the legs and bam!!! your set.strider down! :-P

I think I read an article on IGN.
They said that they saw a demonstration and that someone attacked it's legs and it came down.
That's the most likely answer too.
:cheers:

How to kill that tall bitch? lol could this be my X-g/f....? will find out

just grab a rat and let it loose on the thing, just like elephants it should be scared and run away

or shoot its plasma gun hole

itll be easier to shoot at than the legs

but yes, legs would be cool to shoot at... get a cupboard and smash it against the equivalent of the kneecap :D

I don't think there's any way those things would be invincible! You don't go and create an engine with amazing physics and a tall, lanky creature with a high center of balance and then not let the players come up with tons of cool ways to kill the beast.

I'd really like to see how a strider gets back up after it's knocked down. I've got a feeling that, without some strange joints we haven't seen, the strider wouldn't be able to push himself (herself?) back up...it'd be like placing a turtle on its back (-:

I'm hoping that we'll have scenarios like the warthog jumping in Halo! I can't wait to take full advantage of Source and make it my bitch!

and while its on the ground you could go over to it and tickle the thing and do face paintings and everything else everybody hates to it.

I think it would be kool if you could get an antlion near the strider then pick it up with the gravgun and launch the bastard to the strider's head. That would be kool to watch the antlion claw the crap out of the strider's head/body :D

if it was unbeatable then i dont think there would be so many of them truoghout the game...i mean you see 2 of them in that movie, and 2 in different locations, + one in the lab, it would be really hard to play the game if they really were unbeatable...btw machinery can always be beaten

Originally posted by trantjd
I don't think there's any way those things would be invincible! You don't go and create an engine with amazing physics and a tall, lanky creature with a high center of balance and then not let the players come up with tons of cool ways to kill the beast.

I'd really like to see how a strider gets back up after it's knocked down. I've got a feeling that, without some strange joints we haven't seen, the strider wouldn't be able to push himself (herself?) back up...it'd be like placing a turtle on its back (-:

I'm hoping that we'll have scenarios like the warthog jumping in Halo! I can't wait to take full advantage of Source and make it my bitch!

they do know some tricks...like ducking very low and all, probably jumping?

The thread title is pretty damn funny. I chuckle every time I see it.

Originally posted by Why?
Load the antlion launcher! READY FIRE! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I don't think Ant Lions could mess with Striders.

you dont think my antlion could kick you strider's ass? last time i checked strider's dont have arms ontop of there head, so i dont think they could mess with an antlion thats clawing the crap out of there head.

*brings an antlion out and lifts him high into the air with his grav gun* Lock and Load!

I'd prolly use the "Manipulator" to huck something very large and unpleasant at it. If that didn't work, I'd just take out Mr. Rocker Launcher and say "Just die already!"

If you check in the vid the strider doesn't even seem intent to kill all the people, just the one that get in its way. So prolly the best way would be to avoid them.

Yes, I thought that too... They're probably not invincible, but simple bullets can't wound him hard enough to kill him, so instead of emptying clips of bullets with your MP7, you will want to avoid him :eek:

The RPG si your friend, simply aiming for it's head and keeping it painted won't do the trick(i think it homes in on the target you have painted), shoot it's leg joints and you can cripple it, and probably make it fall. That's all that really matters, disable it, but killing it is going to be very hard. Just remove the threat and move on.

if i can disable the strider and get it down on its knees i know i sure as hell am gonna finish it off with the crowbar

weapons to kill stryder

opp force teleporter (BFG RIPOFF)
gauss gun
setting it on fire
send a rpg to its body
bobytrap its ass
make it walk into powerlines ect
use alyx's DOG to duel with it.
if all fails, crowbar has unlimited ammo.

anyways i don't think its UNBEATABLE i think you can kill it with any weapon, it does look like it has a lot of damage toleration though.

Back