How to stop shells from dissappearing in HL1?

Sieni

Reaction score
How to stop shells from dissappearing (for 5 minutes) in HL1?

Uh I'm sure thats possible, but your going to get a lot of lag.

My PC is (almost :upstare: ) Ready for HL2 so a little loss of FPS isn't bad since it's a single player mod I'm working on

Anyone? How can I stop shells disappearing after so little time. I want them to stay about 5 mins. I'm sure somebody knows!?

I wouldn't do that if I were you, it's going to cause ANY machine to lag like crazy.

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

Please tell me :bonce:

Shells must disappear after a certain time, otherwise the game will run out memory and die. Not to mention the obscene frame rate drop you will experience after a couple of clips :)

:flame: That wasn't what I was asking for! :flame:

Onions said:
Shells must disappear after a certain time, otherwise the game will run out memory and die. Not to mention the obscene frame rate drop you will experience after a couple of clips :)

he said 5 minutes. He could limit them to numbers like in Max Payne 1.

oh, apologies, i just read the title :D
i'm sure you can, hunt for cvars in the console. probably a cl_, mp_ or r_
failing that, i hope you know c++ :p

cl_decals 999999999
r_decals 999999999

That should work.

iirc, you'll have to alter a variable in code within your mod. I don't have the sdk here, but you could hard code it in no problem. Search the files for the shell ejection spawn code and alter as necessary. It won't slow down the game much at all.

I'm not a coder, I just modify and add things to cfg files to make them fit my mod better.

if you're mapping it might be as easy as changing the life value to -1.

(surely not?)

Back