How will you be running HL2?

K

KPeh

I'm going to be connected a projector to my PC, and displaying it at the size equivilant of a ~75" monitor :D. No surround sound unfortunately, but a pair of headphones instead.

So, what lengths will other people go to to run HL2?

(This is not a "my PC/stuff is bigger than your PC thread", but rather, just wondering what sort of experience or preparations other people will go to, when playing it for the first time)!

Hmmm I think I'm going to be using my computer

just use my monitor but it would be cool to hook it up to a 50' tv with surrond sound

I'll probably use my computer, but hey, maybe I'll get creative and try to install HL2 on my microwave.

diluted said:
I'll probably use my computer, but hey, maybe I'll get creative and try to install HL2 on my microwave.

remember the microwave in HL1? splatting that scientists food? hehe

Yup, and then the scientist goes "My God, what are you doing?!" :D

Ill be playing it on my laptop:) 15" screen not too shabby, but then i have the added bonus of playing it anywhere :p god i love this thing! Oh i will be either usuing my super duper sony headphones or my Creative Itrigue speakers with my sub set to full, i love a bass'y gun noise :) *reminises over many hours spent snipping with vol set to max ahhhh*

17in TFT anti-glare with 6.1 surround sound. :D

I'm not sure what size my monitor is. 15-17 inches I think. I'll be using Grado SR60 headphones.

I'm swapping out my 17" for the 21" Sony monster in the living room, playing with logitech Z640's (5.1) or my Sennheiser HD487 headphones.

I have the problem that during the night I won't be able to play with much sound since my gf is sleeping in the next room. I need to get me some headphones, tomorrow...

I will be playing with my 19" monitor, and with 5.1 closed ear headphones. :)

(My speakers blow)

24" widescreen Sony CRT at 1600 x 1200 , with 5.1 surround sound.***nning with an X800XE PE that is as sweet as it gets...eat your hearts out!

i'm gonne play on my 19" CRT, with 1600*1200, 2xAA/4xAF, everything high :D

I hope my 9700pro will be able to do that :p

17" monitor with surround sound speakers.

Sounds good to me.

17" LCD screen and Sennheiser HD497 headphones (I don't have speakers for my pc)

I wish i had a bigger monitor, just got a "15.
I'll consider plugging into the tv downstairs, it's nothing special, but i can drag a lounge chair closer and get cosy/comfy.

Hmm however that's not the best idea, people will be walking past and trying to talk to me. I hate that.

I think i'll just use my (very funky, closed ear) headphones, crank the volume, turn off the intercomm, let the curtain down, and tell my family to leave me alone for a while :naughty:
I only want to play this game at night.

17" monitor, Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers, two cases of Ramen noodles, five cases of Dr. Pepper, porta-potty installed in bedroom, wait, that's a bit too extreme...

60-inch sony lcd TV("borrowed" from BestBuy...gotta love credit and return policies)
+ 1x Sony STR-DB930 770w 5.1 DD/DTS
+ 4x Athena AS-B2 150w speakers
+ 1x Athena AS-C1 150w Center-channel.
+ 2x 1200w peak(300w rms) Infinity 12-inch subs.
+ 1x LA-Z-BOY recliner (light brown leather)
+ 1x LAY-Z-BOY ottoman.

+ 1x Wife taking the kids to the father-in-laws.

=Pure HL2 experience

17" LCD 12ms, Closed head phones OR my altec lansing speakers (not surround but a big subwoofer)

17" Flatscreen ( not flat panel ) CRT
Headphones ( Vague (sp?), but they are just headphones. Verbatim brand :thumbs: )
16x DVD Reader ( Liteon or LG, I have 2 :) )
Logitech Cordless Mouse / Keyboard combo ( Yummy )

Should be really cool. Sorry if there is too much detail here. Would post my computer specs, but you guys would just laugh ;(

It also turns out that I am getting a new mobo tomorrow, which is when HL2 is out :D. Getting a Asus A78NX-E Deluxe Wireless Edition which means my computer won't suck as much. YAY :cat:

21" and surround sound...total darkness...no interuptions MX510 mouse and a saitek pc gamers keyboard that lights up in the dark...how nifty

19", 4 speakers...Idk how much surround..they are ALTEC Landsing speakers and Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer 24 bit sound card..? Darkness, wireless keyboard and mouse - It's the pack with the keyboard and wireless from Logitech, forgot what it's called, can't find the box. But yeah, there ya go.

Back