How would HL2 compare with MGS2?

ratm9200 said:
i highly doubt you would rather play with dog crap. A least mgs2 isnt messy and dosnt smell bad.

eh, I dunno that's a tough one... I might choose to play with crap rather than watch one of the 467 cutscenes in MGS that are all about 6.5 hours long and made me want to puke my guts out

no offense meant to anyone who liked the game, I just can't stand sitting there staring at my tv while some stupid characters argue over philosophies and other garbage. and someone else's point about running around in a dark cave with a cigar for a light is true too, you finish the cutscenes and then suffer through some sort of annoying gameplay...

I loved the first MGS, when they didn't overdo all that crap -- it had some cutscenes but nothing as bad as MGS2, and the gameplay was all fun and hardly any frustration. I think they did a perfect job on MGS1 and then took it way too far

Different genres, man, different games. I like it when some games offer you the OPTION of stealth, but I find myself tending to just running in and blasting everybody no matter what.

Just my personal taste, understand.

twinscythe said:
Why are my comparing stealth game to HL2? Why would you call MGS a stealth game? Both games puts you in a similar position, you need to get past point A to point B without getting killed.

Well, that was shallow.

[w0f]Oblivion said:
you cant compare the two authors, it isnt fair!
Dinasaurs versus cat
gun versus fork
Asians versus valve!

You just cant... Everyone knows dem asians are crazy!
wow! great point there! asians are crazy huh? **** you ****ingh racist bastard

This seems kinda random, Why compare MGS2 to HL2, both diffrent genre's, platforms etc.

theres some very good posts coming up in this thread. i myself think that the mgs series a.i. hasnt been beaten by any other game/series. hl2 isnt very replayable because it is too straight forward, but in mgs2 for example there are many many different ways to beat the game, and do stuff such as collecting dog tags (god that was fun) and trying not to kill anyone. i think i should get mgs3 :D anyone play snake eater yet?

Back