Howitzer StuG III 10.5cm

leadphalanx

Reaction score
Well, I'm bored again, and playing an old map, I noticed how ugly that old tank of mine was........ so I decided to make a new one. after a bit of googling I found some pics of an old german tank, the Howitzer StuG III 10.5cm

StuG_III_10.5cm_A-1.jpg

StuG_III_10.5cm_A-2.jpg

StuG_III_10.5cm_A-3.jpg

After a couple of hours tinkering around in hammer: (still very WIP)

howitzer0000.jpg

howitzer0001.jpg

howitzer0002.jpg

howitzer0003.jpg

And yes, when I'm done I'll release the prefab, along with a drivable version.

anyways, tell me what you think.

UPDATE:

howitzer0004.jpg

howitzer0005.jpg

howitzer0006.jpg

looks good probably would have look alot bettter modeled lol but w/e kudos for you

Nice! The StuG tanks own :D Who needs swivelling turret?

Jesus dude, I tried modelling a tank in Hammer before, but failed. How the feck did you do that. This is a serious question, can you consider writing up a guide on modelling things like tanks in hammer? I would love you x100.

I want to model a tank and then turn it into a physbox and have it falling down a hill or something :D

Hmm... A tut on just on brushwork would be pretty hard to do, or atleast explain in steps....

And why would you want it to fall down a hill, when you could just drive it down the hill and blow whatever is at the bottom to peices. I am planning on making it driveable, along with working cannon

Modelling things in Hammer isn't really that difficult =/

Just needs to be thought out well and needs good brushwork skills.

update

I made the treads/wheels, and did a quick texture job to see how it looked.

howitzer0007.jpg

howitzer0008.jpg

howitzer0010.jpg

tank95ef.jpg

Don't know whats up with the last pic ^

o man that is awesome lol cannon kind of look odd to me though

How do you get the proportions so spot on? Is it just eye-estimating?

Edit: I started modelling my own tank :D A Panzer III (E) The turret has a complex shape, but over-all this is pretty fun, and only slightly challenging :)

(I hope you don't mind if I post a screeny in here when I'm done)

Edit 2:

Yay! I think I'm happy with the physical aspects. I have no idea how to make textures so I guess I'll just try to find a good one from the defaults.

pz3e6hc.jpg

pretty nice vegeta, and to answer your question, I just eye it. I've never really used actual measurments or anything, I just look at a few photos and make it.

Back