Tank
Reaction score
I'll let the screenshots do the talking ... XB360 ftw \o/

928326_20060710_screen017.jpg

928326_20060710_screen021.jpg

928326_20060710_screen014.jpg

928326_20060710_screen008.jpg

928326_20060710_screen015.jpg

More here: http://xbox360.qj.net/Huge-Load-of-Dead-Rising-Screenshots/pg/49/aid/58462

They look very good. I'm impressed that they have the high visual quality even with thousands of zombies on screen.

I also like it that they use shaders and stuff without it looking like plastic.

Is it just me or does that cell phone look like crap?
Nice faces WHY NOT THE CELL PHONE!

and where are the midget zombies? THERE PEOPLE TOO!!

Impressive, I will be picking this one up I think. Looks fun.

Minerel said:
Is it just me or does that cell phone look like crap?
Nice faces WHY NOT THE CELL PHONE!

and where are the midget zombies? THERE PEOPLE TOO!!
The visuals look beautiful, and you're complaining about a cell phone? :|

Nice screenshots, I just don't dig the camera thing. Zombies are taking over and you're taking pictures?!

i know what u mean about the pictures, but the fact that he is a war-time photographer at least gives him a reason to go investigate whats going on rather than him being in the wrong place at the wrong time kind of story of norm.

i watched a video of the first 10mins of gameplay where you are riding in on the chopper and it looked really fun to take pictures as you went over the city, spotting somebody being backed into a corner on top of a building and then falling off to their deaths with several zombies biting them as they fell, like they were rugby tackled over the edge. and a school bus being surrounded by hordes of the undead. looked cool and i cant wait for it. im tempted to go buy a xbox360 now and just set it up ready for september 8th or whenever it comes out seeing as there are no other games i really want for it

Two months left for us Europeans :(
It sucks.:p
I just, as I said, hope the thing GI said was a missunderstanding, part of the beauty of Dead Rising was being able to do whatever you want for the 72 ingame hours, according to GameInformers quote from Capcom, you could "no longer camp in one place and 'win' the game".:)
I'm guessing it was just a misunderstanding though, we'll all see when the reviews start pouring out. Looking forward to it!
Btw guys, two new HUGE gameplay movies on here, http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3154_en.html!

Just saw that 10 min gameplay vid.

The whole time I was just thinking, "Hey asshole zoom in for more points!" :p

D/ling the other vids now.

Must...resist...buying...360.
That looks awesome. D:

Watching the other vids out there.

No ragdolls by the looks of things. Time for some of you people to have heart attacks and lash out in rage :p OH NOES..

That IS a huge load of screenshots you just blew! I can barely swallow such a load at one time! It was just an eruption of screenshots pouring forth all over the place!

DreadLord1337 said:
That IS a huge load of screenshots you just blew! I can barely swallow such a load at one time! It was just an eruption of screenshots pouring forth all over the place!
Uhh...... Umm...
Uh...
Yeah...

/looks away

OMG!!!!!

Attack of the target screenshots!!!!!!

really freaking awesome. I really wish this wasn't 360 only, I woudl have loved a pc version.

I've said it before in CptStern's thread, looks like an awesome game. It is a must-buy for me

AmishSlayer said:
360 unfortunately :(
Unfortunately?? It's better to have an amazing one-platform game, than a mediocre multi-platform game.

If you don't like it, get a 360.

AmishSlayer said:
Watching the other vids out there.

No ragdolls by the looks of things. Time for some of you people to have heart attacks and lash out in rage :p OH NOES..
We've known there's no ragdolls since the start, and in a game where you can get 800-1000 enemies on screen, it's really not an issue.

Stop teasing us with screenshots!

and damn the uk and our late release dates (the 360 is the only pal console i've owned since the snes - I knew i'd regret it)

Warbie said:
Stop teasing us with screenshots!

and damn the uk and our late release dates (the 360 is the only pal console i've owned since the snes - I knew i'd regret it)

Whats our release date? :O

Screens look awesome, am definately getting this.

lePobz said:
Unfortunately?? It's better to have an amazing one-platform game, than a mediocre multi-platform game.

If you don't like it, get a 360.

I would get a 360 if there was a couple other games I wanted other than this out or coming out.

Axyon said:
We've known there's no ragdolls since the start, and in a game where you can get 800-1000 enemies on screen, it's really not an issue.

Good. There are too many people here that think ragdolls are essential when 90% of the time they are done poorly.

I prefer good death animations.

It's a lesser version of the MGS4 effect.

One and only one extremely good game for an otherwise not-worth-it console.

Ren.182 said:
Whats our release date? :O

About 4 weeks after the yanks, I think.

First they bastardise our language, and then they get to play the good games before we do! It's just not on.

Mechagodzilla said:
It's a lesser version of the MGS4 effect.

One and only one extremely good game for an otherwise not-worth-it console.
Forza 2? Halo 3? TD:U? PGR3 and 4? Not to mention the forthcoming extra connectability coming to XB live, along with the livevision camera.

It's pointless arguing with someone like you though, a fanboy dead set in your ignorant objections of other systems. Well, your loss buddy.

AmishSlayer said:
Good. There are too many people here that think ragdolls are essential when 90% of the time they are done poorly.

I prefer good death animations.
I agree, they're a fad, and only a couple of developers such as Valve have implemented them well. Besides, they totally don't suit a game like this - I'd much rather see a zombie stumble around onto the floor with his arm lopped off from garden shears, than to just see his body interact with the world 'properly'.

I could've sworn I saw ragdoll in the gameplay videos.

Sorry, but death animations are rarely any good. The only game I know to have that was the first Halo. Ragdoll keeps things a little fresh at least.

lePobz said:
Forza 2? Halo 3? TD:U? PGR3 and 4? Not to mention the forthcoming extra connectability coming to XB live, along with the livevision camera.

It's pointless arguing with someone like you though, a fanboy dead set in your ignorant objections of other systems. Well, your loss buddy.

Forza 2? I've never been able to get much gameplay out of racers (minus the Burnout series) before I get bored. I hear it's quite a good rival to GT games.

Halo 3? Maybe if they bring it back to Halo 1 style of play in MP and actually deliver awesome Earth battles like they made us think would be in Halo 2. Halo 3, if as good or better than Halo 1 could easily sway me into getting a 360.

What's TD:U?

PGR 3&4? I love the feel of the in-car view in PGR3 but once again, it's a racing game and I can never get into them.

So far the only games I'm really keeping my eye on are Dead Rising and Halo 3. I'd love to hear of more exclusives that are supposed to kick ass.

The only reason I'm a 360 hater right now is because of the released titles & the very few titles I see coming out that I actually want.

Obviously this game can't have ragdolls because there are so many zombies onscreen, but in most games you should really have ragdolls so you don't get syncronized dying, corpes that go through walls or lie in the air (or in games that try to prevent that, corpses that stick to near vertical surfaces), or bad guys scriptedly falling over railings. You can still the colorful deaths like the zombie stumbling around with one arm, just have him become a ragdoll when he's done or gets interrupted. Animation blending is also a possibilty, but I haven't seen a developer even attempt that, which is sad.

AmishSlayer said:
Forza 2? I've never been able to get much gameplay out of racers (minus the Burnout series) before I get bored. I hear it's quite a good rival to GT games.

Halo 3? Maybe if they bring it back to Halo 1 style of play in MP and actually deliver awesome Earth battles like they made us think would be in Halo 2. Halo 3, if as good or better than Halo 1 could easily sway me into getting a 360.

What's TD:U?

PGR 3&4? I love the feel of the in-car view in PGR3 but once again, it's a racing game and I can never get into them.

So far the only games I'm really keeping my eye on are Dead Rising and Halo 3. I'd love to hear of more exclusives that are supposed to kick ass.

The only reason I'm a 360 hater right now is because of the released titles & the very few titles I see coming out that I actually want.

You can't call a console a 'one game wonder' simply because you don't like the other games on option. Forza, PGR, TD:U, GTA4, Alan Wake, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo 3, these games have HUGE fan followings and are titles that have done and will do the 360 proud. Whether or not YOU like them is your problem, not microsofts.

From what I can see, the 360 has a very wide range of great titles - and it's only going to get better.

lePobz said:
From what I can see, the 360 has a very wide range of great titles - and it's only going to get better.
Amish is right for now, but with this and a few other great titles on the horizon, the 360 is certainly looking more and more impressive.

And I don't personally want to see more exclusives because that just means more consoles to buy! :(

The only graphical enhancement this game offers is hi-res textures, IMO. Same with Crysis.

Gameplay is not too fresh either. :|

99.vikram said:
The only graphical enhancement this game offers is hi-res textures, IMO. Same with Crysis.

Gameplay is not too fresh either. :|

I think the gameplay is pretty fresh, considering it's basically a sandbox and lets you find your own way to survive for the 72 hours inside the mall. Basically using anything you can find to help you... I can't really remember any other games that let you skateboard through a zombie's head :p

So you're supposed to survive for 72 hours, and not accomplish a certain task within 72 hours? To me, those are very different things.

Kangy said:
I think the gameplay is pretty fresh, considering it's basically a sandbox and lets you find your own way to survive for the 72 hours inside the mall. Basically using anything you can find to help you... I can't really remember any other games that let you skateboard through a zombie's head :p
Postal tried the same '100 ways to kill' thing, but it was only interesting for a few hours. This one may last longer, but I would get tired of it after some time.

Back