Hydra? Where did some of the game go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlazeME

I've beat HL2 (and 1) but I haven't seen alot of the stuff in the preview movies that I got, half of them are not in the game. :( Where did it all go? And why?

And what is that hydra thing?

Things were taken out, get over it.
Both pics on the back of the box are incorrect, so what.

nothing missing off my box. maybe it's different in the UK

Jandor said:
nothing missing off my box. maybe it's different in the UK
On mine the zombies are wearing blue shirts and grey pants and are not very polished. And the Nova Prospect guards are wearing a different uniform, with guns not in the game and in the bachground the shield is metal rather than energy. The antlion is slightly different aswell. i have the Gordon box if it changes anything.
Edit: Jandor, I'd say that the Irish and UK ones are identicle.

I never looked that closely, but, yeh, your right, the uniform is different and that gun is not in game, looks like it has a scope on it.

cool.

Haha, according to my box, Enemies will 'fashion weapons from what is at hand'. Did anyone witness this, at all?

EDIT: Yeh, you Irish may as well be in the UK, hadn't you ;) .

Graaaah, Beer, Lack of Food, Tired....bad combo.... :cheers:

Jandor said:
EDIT: Yeh, you Irish may as well be in the UK, hadn't you ;)
No as Ireland was named best place to live in the world and its GNP is the second highest in Europe.

Not everything made it in the game. The hydra looked cool but no fun to fight when you really can't kill it..just sneak behind you grab you..you dead...

I remember all the screenshots on the back of HL1 being mock-ups, too...

according to my box, Enemies will 'fashion weapons from what is at hand'.

Hmm.....maybe that was a very loose way of saying "zombies will smack boxes towards you"?

If it makes anyone feel happier i've made a wasteland scanner model and intend to skin it nad program it into the game.

You're just reinventing the wheel, and the old wheel is perfectly fine.

Oh, and why does everyone always mention the hydra when they talk about stuff that was cut? Why not something else that was in e3 videos?

They hydra is cool, but it gets way too much love.

phantom said:
You're just reinventing the wheel, and the old wheel is perfectly fine.

Oh, and why does everyone always mention the hydra when they talk about stuff that was cut? Why not something else that was in e3 videos?

They hydra is cool, but it gets way too much love.

Maybe because it's the only thing worth remembering.

No way, so many things were better than that stinky old hydra.

Combine guards, assasins, antlion kings, wastleand and (proper)sheild scanners.

I'm disappointed that Ravenholm was changed, Combine chasing you and the numberous traps seemed cool.

Another one?
This is really annoying,we should make a sitcky on this kinda topic.

No way, so many things were better than that stinky old hydra.

Combine guards, assasins, antlion kings, wastleand and (proper)sheild scanners.

Everyone forgets the poor old Cremator :(

Everyone talks about the hydra because almost everything else made it into the game in 1 form or another
prowler = leaper
trap town = ravenholm

Sorry.

You guys aren't being very helpful though? Where is another post about this?

Ah yes, creamtor. I knew i was missing somthing, i just stared at that list for a few mins trying to remember it.

You really wanna know why the Hydra was cut? Directly from Raising the Bar:

"When it attacked others, as the player could you could see this great big glowing giant worm snaking through the map, knocking stuff over and putting on a great show, but when it attacked you, the player, you'd just see a nondescript blob doing something vague, then you'd be dead." -Ken Birdwell

In short it was no fun to fight. Other things were cut for various other reasons. Please use the search in the future, this has been covered way to many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back