I almost died tonight. Somebody else probably did.

Oh my did I lol, almost didn't catch it.

Don't worry about this being a sign from God. It's only a sign or a test if you make it. God was never good at explaining existence in the first place, anyway. Even He couldn't explain where He came from.

Well, see... that was my whole point. My mind is playing these games with me and it's ****ing annoying.

Oh I see what you mean :p Well you know me, raz. I never play games.

Phew. That sucks. Glad you're still with us.

Damn Raz, that is some scary shit. Good thing you're ok. This is why I would like to have my camera in my car at all times, just to record crazy shit happening on the road. There's always one bad driver around.

completely unrelated but this thread reminded me of an accident i saw a while back on the highway that happened about 100 yards in front of us. we didn't see much but as we got closer we saw an suv that looked like it had been dropped from 30 thousand feet.

we pulled to the side and ran over to see if anyone was hurt and sure enough there was a girl laying in the middle of the highway, completely unconscious. while he dealt with her i was picking up pieces of their trashed car and throwing them to the side of the road...very bizarre night

oh ya, glad you didn't die horrifically btw

I was on the highway on the way to work once and I saw a guy speeding past me in a bright red Honda Civic. He wasn't going all that fast, maybe 75 MPH. It had just started to rain and about 15 minutes later, there was a major backup; traffic was almost to a standstill. I was extremely angry because it made me late for work. Then I saw that he had slid off the road and hit a tree, and rescue teams were there trying to help.

Every time I drive down the highway there are wreathes and flowers at the tree where he was killed. I always consider how easy it is to not drive off the highway and wonder how that happened. Granted it was at a point where the road curves slightly where normally the highway is almost perfectly straight for miles on end. I'm thinking he wasn't paying attention at all. Maybe ****ing with the stereo or something. Very curious.

Anyway, I feel sort of involved or connected or something, even though I didn't have anything to do with it.

I was on the highway on the way to work once and I saw a guy speeding past me in a bright red Honda Civic. He wasn't going all that fast, maybe 75 MPH. It had just started to rain and about 15 minutes later, there was a major backup; traffic was almost to a standstill. I was extremely angry because it made me late for work. Then I saw that he had slid off the road and hit a tree, and rescue teams were there trying to help.

Every time I drive down the highway there are wreathes and flowers at the tree where he was killed. I always consider how easy it is to not drive off the highway and wonder how that happened. Granted it was at a point where the road curves slightly where normally the highway is almost perfectly straight for miles on end. I'm thinking he wasn't paying attention at all. Maybe ****ing with the stereo or something. Very curious.

Anyway, I feel sort of involved or connected or something, even though I didn't have anything to do with it.

75 on interstate highways around here which are 60mph speed limit is pretty fast.

There are ****ers who go 80-85 past me while i'm going 60-65 and it's unnerving as hell. I get passed by people in the god damn slow lane. Big rigs just blazing past with winds buffeting my vehicle.

Texans are dangerous drivers, but Californians are worse.

I know it's the most likely explanation, but driving on the wrong side of the road very occasionally doesn't mean that you're drunk/crazy. I remember once years ago my sober and sane mother was driving us home from a friend's house on a dual carriageway (is there a different name for that in the States? It's kind of like a motorway but not. There's four lanes, two going one way, two going the other, with a hedge in between. The road sign for it looks like a tuning fork).
Anyway, at the time, I was too young to notice that anything was wrong. We were on the dual carriageway for about 15 minutes when we saw a car COMING TOWARDS US in the other lane on our side of the hedge, and my mother was like, "Jesus, he's on the wrong side of the road, the fool". It wasn't until we saw another car coming at us that my mother realised that we were on the wrong side. Fortunately nobody came at us in our lane and we weren't going too fast. My mother is the best driver I know, I have no idea how she managed to end up on the wrong side. All I can say is, driving is hard. I'm learning at the moment, and there's an unbelievable amount of stuff that can go wrong. (Especially since right and left don't really mean anything to me, and sometimes I think the accelerator is the break (but the gate was fine and nobody saw)).

75 on interstate highways around here which are 60mph speed limit is pretty fast.

There are ****ers who go 80-85 past me while i'm going 60-65 and it's unnerving as hell. I get passed by people in the god damn slow lane. Big rigs just blazing past with winds buffeting my vehicle.

Texans are dangerous drivers, but Californians are worse.
Are these roads the equivalent of the motorways we have here in the UK and Ireland? Becuase 60mph is a pretty low limit.

Are these roads the equivalent of the motorways we have here in the UK and Ireland? Becuase 60mph is a pretty low limit.

Yes, pretty much equivalent I think.

And it's not about it being a low limit, it's about the difference in speed between people doing the speed limit of 60, and people doing 80-85.

The speed limit is the speed limit regardless of how low you think it is. I don't really care about people going like 5mph over, but people blazing past 20-25mph faster are a hazard.

You're effectively spamming, Pax, and if you continue I'll have to give you an infraction!

Back