I am a baadddd man

K

KidRock

I recently ordered my FX-53 just to find out a week later (yesterday) they are now selling an FX-55..so I called them up and asked them if i could get it switched. They said I could have the FX-55 for the same price as if I still kept the 53.. I feel so happy.

I forgot to ask the question.. Is the FX-53 a real jump in speed? or nothing special?

Frank: its just a quote from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds

FX55 is 2.6GHz and FX53 is 2.4GHz...that's quite something for nothing extra. Yeah buddy!

Asus said:
FX55 is 2.6GHz and FX53 is 2.4GHz...that's quite something for nothing extra. Yeah buddy!

Hey Asus you have any idea how good the FX-55's overclock? :)

For those not reading the FX-55 and Athlon 4000+ reviews:

AMD originally stated that there will ever be only one FX processor in existence. It represents the tip-top desktop processor that AMD offers.

That being said - the new Athlon 4000+ is tit for tat identical to the FX-53. One has to wonder if then 4200+ will be a remarked FX-55. :)

DiSTuRbEd said:
Whats the point of overclocking a FX-55 ???
so you can go faster. ;-)

Why not? If you can, I would OC any and everything so you get more performance. Plus, the FX series is the "enthusiast" series, with an unlocked CPU multiplier, so it really is intended for OCing.

Johan_Tayn said:
so you can go faster. ;-)

Why not? If you can, I would OC any and everything so you get more performance. Plus, the FX series is the "enthusiast" series, with an unlocked CPU multiplier, so it really is intended for OCing.

Why risk hurting the CPU just for an overclock? I myself like to burn in a CPU before I do anything with it.

Anyway if you got the 55 for the same thing you got the 53, then you my friend got a deal. Which store/site did you buy from?

BIG said:
That being said - the new Athlon 4000+ is tit for tat identical to the FX-53. One has to wonder if then 4200+ will be a remarked FX-55. :)
Maybe, they choose to use the extra FX53 chips in an efficent manner. Although the FX CPUs have their Multiplier fully unlocked. :D

lol just a random question.. when are the FX-57's supposed to be coming out?

Back