I am a wuss.

800px-Huntsman_spider_with_meal.jpg

wussies.

but actually, face to face, i would have properly had a heart attack.
as i've said before though, pics dont bother me.

Hit it with a hammer. And anyone who is afraid of spiders is a moron.

I wouldn't call them a moron. I don't have a particular fear of spiders except for reaching my arms in areas that are likely to house poisonous ones like black widows. But some people's fear of spiders doesn't really have a basis, it's more of an instinctive thing. They just make their skin crawl for some reason. Calling them morons for that is ridiculous, I think. Everybody has fears.

EDIT:

Hey guys, like my new racing helmet and goggles?

5330016323ed513edaa.jpg

OH **** THIS THREAD NOW.

SPOILER TAG THAT SHIT.

I just screamed like a little girl here at work.

Do you get many spiders in your house made of legs?

i wonder how much of a popping noise it would make.... or is it more of a loud crunch?

OMFG whats worse than one huge spider is a million little ones D:

Most spiders don't bother me in the least.

Bees on the other hand...
Seeing one of these in a shed or in a bush is cause for pants shitting.
Werts%20Hornet%20nest.preview.jpg

And then surrounded by these
Bald-faced_hornet.jpg

Or these
paper-wasp-05-02.jpg
I'm a complete bitch when it comes to those mother****ers.

that green one cant be a spider. its too cute

that green one is so coooowl

I know, right? He seriously looks like he's sporting some badass goggles, and a snazzy racing helmet.

EDIT: At Lucid... I don't blame you for fearing bees... bees can be really deadly and unlike spiders typically, can and will give chase and have a means to get to you quickly. Spiders will typically avoid you, and almost never will aggressively hunt you. Bees and hornets on the other hand, when irritated will chase you like crazy.

I sort of have a fear of bees and wasps and hornets and stuff.

Its obvious you guys make these threads FOR the pics.
Scarebait.

Become one with your fear. Envisage yourself licking its abdomen and thorax. Imagine its mandibles tickling your nipples gently, the spider's many eyes twinkling with delight. See it jumping jumping off the shower door, landing on your face, and both of you then dancing away together in a waltz of purest ecstacy.

CRUSH ITS BODY AND WRING OUT THE INSECT BLOOD ONTO YOUR GENITALS
RIP OFF ITS LEGS AND STICK THEM IN YOUR EARS
CHEW AND SWALLOW ITS HEAD SO THAT YOU MAY OWN ITS LITTLE ARACHNID SOUL

oh lawd how I lol'd

also you could have just ****ed it up with the soap OP

Wow, to to think I was actually considering moving to australia. **** that!

spiders are cute

Phidippus_mystaceus.jpg

and yeah bees is what you shoud be afraid of

in my country in the back of my house there was a bunch of wasp almost as long as my thumb making nest

and I remenber a huge blue wasp entered into my house once and get behind a curtains, I grabbed a sandal and smacked the hell out of it

I think it was one of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk

Hey, there's a spider right behind the monitor right now.

Totally harmless but.

Right before winter (US), my dad had me outside carrying wood that had been there a month or two. Right before I picked it up, I said to myself "I bet theres a spider under here" (because it was warm and some spiders like cool dry places). Anyways I carried the wood and after I finished I realized that there was a black widow like 4 inches away from my hand. As soon as I seen that ****er, the biggest frown went across my face knowing I could've been bit.

I suffer from aquaphobia. Fear of water.

Okay, I don't. But it's as pathetic as arachnophobia.

Plug the drain, turn on the showerhead, then wait.

Little ****er will be drowning in no time.

Heh, harmless or not I'd have freaked out! I'm usually OK with spiders but not that size! D:

He pulled out his lighter, got about 3 feet from the thing and shot one quick puff of flaming death at the thing before turning and running, thinking a vengeful flaming funnel web spider is out to kill him before it dies.

He went on holiday the next day
I love this. "Dude. We need to leave the country right now." What are you talking about? "We need to leave! I need to get far away, now!"

See also: Ennui's suggestion of bludgeoning a spider to death with a bar of soap.

Seeing one of these in a shed or in a bush is cause for pants shitting.
http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/files/images/Werts Hornet nest.preview.jpg
Looks ripe for me to put my dick in.

The only local bugs that would spook me if they were in the house are the solfugids (sun spiders). I've only seen two in the wild in my life, and fortunately both were outside. They were also relatively small and I actually captured one and kept it to check it out more closely. Two things about them spook me: they're fast, and they have a biter on 'em that's not for the squeamish.

A spider in the shower? Throw some hot, soapy water on it, and it'll be dead before it hits the floor.

That's just evil. You monsters. Oh god the pain D:

I saw a spider in my shower the other day when I was brushing my teeth. I just threw water at it until it drowned. A little more water to get it down the drain and the problem was solved. Simple as that. :smug:

Back