I am ****ING LUCKY :D

The Brick

Reaction score
So the story goes..

Since I got a job and made some money I wanted to replace my monitor (17" crt) with a nice TFT pannel, top of the line. Well I chose a screen to go for (hyundai Q90U) and I only had to save for one more month (till I got my salary). The original price of the screen was €410. The specs were awesome, so I felt it was worth it. 4 weeks later I finally got the money I needed, but we were going on vacation for a week the day after, so I planned to order it later when I got back. I already rechecked the price and at that time it was around €360 (me happy). When we got back the week after, I had only 3 days to prepare myself for a schooltrip for a week. So I delayed it another week. When I got back I rechecked the price, and I saw one shop who sold it for €283. I was like WTF and quadrupplechecked if it was indeed the right screen etc, and it was. So I ordered it the day after. They didn't have it in stock so I had to wait a few days. I checked the status of the order every day, and yesterday I noticed that the price of the screen had changed... to €383. Obviously they made a typo or something and changed it back. But I had already ordered and payed for it when it was €283. So I had been thinking about how they were gonna solve the problem. But today I got an email confirming that my package has been sent :D I can't believe it! I got €100 off while I shouldn't have!!!! WOOOOOOOT IT'S COMING TOMORROW :D:D

I thought something similar happened to me once...but nooooo
I was looking at parts for a rig I was building, and when I looked at the site, I saw all the prices at like 70% of what they were the day before, and thought it was a bug or something. My jaw droped...and then closed again as I realized I'd typed in .com instead of .ca, I was looking at american prices! D: D: D:

Lucky bastard.

ah tiger direct ...what a lying bitch you are ..disguising yourself as canadian ;)

well ill give ya a little heads up incse you run into any dead pixels, for that brand, it requires to have either 3 black pixles, 3 white or 6 sub pixels. now they might allow a combination of soem to repair/replace but if they want to be pricks the could sticl you ot having exactly that.

Woot it's here and I'm looking at it as I type this :D Looks awesome, just gotta configure it and I'm set.

Thx :) There's one thing about the screen though.. It has 1 dead pixel. Not that bad, you might say, but 9mm from the middle is ****ing annoying. It's right next to my crosshair all the time and you really see it!! Well once I perfectly know where it is I can use the scout scopeless with a crosshair :)

But for the rest this screen is really really good. It's nicely wide and big, after calibration it's really nice to look at and it performs exelent in games. It's not as fast as a crt monitor ofcourse, so you do have a little drag (not really smearing). The drag makes it feel more cinematic (like motionblur) and it makes looking around feel smoother. I'm quite happy with it actually. It's not annoying at all, there's no disadvantage becuase of it. I'm really happy that I bought it and for now, I'm gonna enjoy it :)

Btw; I didn't buy a pixelwarrenty with it, so I can't change it at the store. I emailed Hyundai but no response yet.

The Brick said:
Thx :) There's one thing about the screen though.. It has 1 dead pixel. Not that bad, you might say, but 9mm from the middle is ****ing annoying. It's right next to my crosshair all the time and you really see it!! Well once I perfectly know where it is I can use the scout scopeless with a crosshair :)

But for the rest this screen is really really good. It's nicely wide and big, after calibration it's really nice to look at and it performs exelent in games. It's not as fast as a crt monitor ofcourse, so you do have a little drag (not really smearing). The drag makes it feel more cinematic (like motionblur) and it makes looking around feel smoother. I'm quite happy with it actually. It's not annoying at all, there's no disadvantage becuase of it. I'm really happy that I bought it and for now, I'm gonna enjoy it :)

Btw; I didn't buy a pixelwarrenty with it, so I can't change it at the store. I emailed Hyundai but no response yet.
send it back - they might give you 2 in exchange :)

The Brick said:
The drag makes it feel more cinematic (like motionblur) and it makes looking around feel smoother. I'm quite happy with it actually. It's not annoying at all, there's no disadvantage becuase of it. I'm really happy that I bought it and for now, I'm gonna enjoy it :)
Hehe, thats called ghosting, read my sig with the smiley :thumbs:

No I've seen ghosting, that's like smearing. Ofcourse this works the same but feels different. In a good way.

Black. And Deathmaster, I'll just call it motionblur ok?

Btw, my sig was made by ComradeBadger. I liked it alot so I let it like this. It's how we have sechs.

The Brick said:
Black. And Deathmaster, I'll just call it motionblur ok?

Btw, my sig was made by ComradeBadger. I liked it alot so I let it like this. It's how we have sechs.

Actually, it was me.

Oh well last time it was CB. I let his in there for quite some time aswel.

The amount of times I thought I was having sechs with badger. Woke up the next day and Rho was sitting there smoking... *shudder*

--------------------
How light is the monitor in ? Like do you need to have the light on to see anything? Talking of that, are TFT's backlit?

Yes they are backlit. Lights off = better view. But I think you could still see really well when the sun is shining on the screen, because it is not reflective at all. I can barely see the reflection of my officelamp when I aim it fully at the screen.
I also love it for movies.

The Brick said:
Yes they are backlit. Lights off = better view. But I think you could still see really well when the sun is shining on the screen, because it is not reflective at all. I can barely see the reflection of my officelamp when I aim it fully at the screen.
I also love it for movies.
Buh I don't see much point in my CRT now. If you went from a CRT to a TFT you'd notice the ghosting quite a bit though wouldn't you?

(The movie-effect :p)

With mine, barely at all. If you have a high fps, you do notice that looking around feels a bit smoother. But when you really twitch it feels as fast as a CRT. I don't see any weird colors when I look around or stuff like that, I don't see any weird colors in a movie when the scene goes from blue to yellow or something, things that I did see with other (slower) TFT screens. The only thing I don't like about this thing is that one dead pixel in the center :(

edit: oh what I also don't like is that the difference in text and link color on hl2.net is even less visible than on my CRT.

I'll replace my 21" CRTs with TFTs when I can get them for the same price...

Guess what, I just bought a $549 subwoofer amplifier for just €100 :D

:D:D

:D

Its awesome when that happens.

I remember going into a store in Japan with 100,000 Yen (100$), I got a pop, and a few kitkats and walked out with 100,000 Yen. The girl at the desk miscounted :D

Yeah happened to me too once. Long time ago. I bought some envelopes and poststamps, total of 7 guilders (about 3 euro). I payed with 25 guilders and the shopman gave me back my 25 guilders and the change :D So I walked out the door with 43 guilders and some envelopes :)

Back