i cant update half life 2 and i dont know how to play without updating

S

soldier92

I cant update half life 2 and i dont know how to play it without updating can someone help

need more specific info... HL2 should automatically update once you connect to the steam server... are you connecing to steam?

i log onto steam and then when hl tries to update it says it will take 4000 minutes and then it says it cant connect

hmmm well what internet connection are you on? if you are 56k it could just be struggling to find a slot on the server, as steam's servers are busy alot. Just pick different times of day to get the update and you can play merrily as you like afterwards. If this problem persists, delete 'clientregistry.blob' in your steam folder, look around for it. Dont worry steam will make a new one for you when you reconnect. I hope that helps.

If worse comes to worse, just play in offline mode, and you wont need to get any updates but it will work. Good luck.

You need the updates then, continue to wait till you can connect to the server, log in and out of steam. As i said delete that file if nothing works after that.

To get offline mode to work, you must first get your Half-Life 2 files decrypted by Steam. Unfortunatly this means that you must connect to steam and update as well.

Keep trying, by having it continually trying to update. Rightclick on HalfLife 2, then click on Properties, Make sure the box says "Always Keep This Game Up To Date".

It requires patience, but wait it out, there are definatly more than one of you waiting like this.

Back