I cheated without knowing it

wilka91

Reaction score
Look at the picture. This is how I got on the roof towards the end of the Ravenholm chapter. I know there's a platform in the back, but I didn't think it was useful the first 2 times I finished the game. :LOL:

Conclusion : physical engine pwns! :bounce: w00t

Attachments

• Ravenholm.jpg
    Ravenholm.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 631
I wouldn't call it cheating, i would call it bein adventurous :)

Gotta love that physics engine indeed! I'm sure that many people got somewhere not the way they were supposed to once or twice without realising it!

yea u right, in Highway 17 I passed the first broken bridge with the grav gun, just pushed the buggy over the rocks :<>

haha, thats pretty good, i have a good one too (with no pic though:()

near the end of "route kanal" you enter a big room with lots of explosive barrels and get attacked by a load of manhacks, underneath the grill you walk onto is an area with water which you must raise by turning a valve in the next room (so you can get into a high tunnel that is embedded in the wall) i managed to get into the tunnel by arranging about 15 barrels in a pyramid, took ages and then realised my mistake, good fun with the gravity gun though:D

near the beginning of the game there is a sew-saw in a room with a couple of cinderblocks, instead of putting the cinderblocks on the balence beam i staked them and jumped up. But, from what ive seen on this site the most elaborate example of this is in the coast level when people built ramps for the buggy to get over those combine forcefield things

I rammed my buggy through the walkway made only for humans, where you supposed to go in and turn off the forcefield, by pushing the APC. I just rammed it through and kept going...Made a flip and such but everything was a-ok.

haha, thats pretty good, i have a good one too (with no pic though)

near the end of "route kanal" you enter a big room with lots of explosive barrels and get attacked by a load of manhacks, underneath the grill you walk onto is an area with water which you must raise by turning a valve in the next room (so you can get into a high tunnel that is embedded in the wall) i managed to get into the tunnel by arranging about 15 barrels in a pyramid, took ages and then realised my mistake, good fun with the gravity gun though

err i didnt have the gravity gun then i dont even have it now or is there some button im ment to press to use it?

near the end of "route kanal" you enter a big room with lots of explosive barrels and get attacked by a load of manhacks, underneath the grill you walk onto is an area with water which you must raise by turning a valve in the next room (so you can get into a high tunnel that is embedded in the wall) i managed to get into the tunnel by arranging about 15 barrels in a pyramid, took ages and then realised my mistake, good fun with the gravity gun though

now that is cheating.....

nah it isnt to cheatu gotta type sv_cheats 1 in the console you here that the CONSOLE !

building towers to get to places isnt cheating like the other bloke said its being adventurous! and it more fun that in the end of highway 17 misioning it to the other side of the bridge underneath it :p

Wilka, that is how i did it the first time, and then i discovered the platform :(.

lol nice find.. i'm gonna go play the game again using the physic engine to make my own route over roof tops and stuff :p thnx for the inspiration :E

the_lone_wolf said:
haha, thats pretty good, i have a good one too (with no pic though:()

near the end of "route kanal" you enter a big room with lots of explosive barrels and get attacked by a load of manhacks, underneath the grill you walk onto is an area with water which you must raise by turning a valve in the next room (so you can get into a high tunnel that is embedded in the wall) i managed to get into the tunnel by arranging about 15 barrels in a pyramid, took ages and then realised my mistake, good fun with the gravity gun though:D
I did the same thing but, I don't remember having a gravity gun.

He either lied or cheated... Shame on that wolf

Grab a slab of wood from a shattered box, press e to hold it, look down, and start jumping.

Congrats, you're now flying.

Mzhang, I have just tested your theory and have concluded that you are under the influence of narcotics. LSD perhaps? Or is it an affair with Mrs. Juana?

OOOOhhh, you meant in Half-Life 2! Okay.

ratm9200 said:
near the beginning of the game there is a sew-saw in a room with a couple of cinderblocks, instead of putting the cinderblocks on the balence beam i staked them and jumped up. But, from what ive seen on this site the most elaborate example of this is in the coast level when people built ramps for the buggy to get over those combine forcefield things

every single person i know who has beaten this game, including myself, has gotten past this spot in that same way

Back