I don't care about the box.

Reaction score
For some reason I think I am the only game player on these forums that isn't a packrat. =P I have no desire to keep the HL2 box, or mess around with the CD. Anyone else that thinks the same please post, because I don't want to be eatten alive. Long live steam.

/Done

then you don't really care about half-life!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i spent SOO MUCH TIME and i MEAN SO MUCH TIME looking and reading my box, over and over, even after i had already started the single player journey! and i love see'ing it still sitting in my room, i loved the day i picked it up from teh shelf (and i completely bought hl on the spot, i had heard nothing about it, and i had money to spend from a holiday so i picked it out of all the games in stock that day)...

the box is essential.

-plus without the box and cd, just downloading it makes it seem so, not there.

Boxes RULEZ! 80% of HL level design was boxes :)

I want my material goods not just #'s written to a disk inside my computer thank you very much :cheers:

I agree with you on Steam. If you don't want the box it's a perfect reason to purchase HL2 online.

And koldfire you're number 100 on my ignore list GRATZ! :)

Edit: and Alby have you ever heard of the EDIT button?? you always double post stupid comments.

Originally posted by TheOriginalEvil
For some reason I think I am the only game player on these forums that isn't a packrat. =P I have no desire to keep the HL2 box, or mess around with the CD. Anyone else that thinks the same please post, because I don't want to be eatten alive. Long live steam.

/Done

I already paid for the game at my local EB, but now I'm thinking that in the long run, Steam is a much better value. Personally I can't see myself not wanting to play the game any more, but that is inevitable with all games, whether I like to admit it or not. I think what Valve is doing with Steam is quite revolutonary for software purchases, and I believe, in time, many others will follow suit. It removes the hassle of trying to get that holiday-craze gift at the last second, and from having to go the local retail outlet to get a copy. So, in other words, Gabe and Co are going to be the first in a long line of developers to begin the process of assimilating the masses into a colony of hermits. No, but seriously, I do believe Steam will set a new standard for the way software is distributed.

Well, having lived in fear of boxes all my life (having been attacked by one as a child), i think that the steam idea is great, no longer will i have to get my friends to buy the game, and give me the CD and the manual - i can buy it myself!!!! Truely great times.

Yea Boxes are cool cuz u can do the "Best condition box contest"

I like to read/look at the manual/box while i'm going home on the bus :D Then i'll get excited and need to go for a poop.

I've still got the original jewel cd box and manual for Half-Life:cheese:.

*in famished tone*

Must.....have....teh....sliv3r....box.......

:p

I'm gonna get the box!:cheers:

Back