I dont understand

kewlnick12

Reaction score
Ok in the level where you go into the apartments in the begining of the game and all the metro cops are there killing people and stuff.What are the metro cops doing there anyway?Why are they killing people?Whats the reason?

I don't think they're actually killing people - the metrocops don't have pistols until the beginning of Route Kanal. They're just kind of keeping everyone down.

I don't think they're actually killing people - the metrocops don't have pistols until the beginning of Route Kanal. They're just kind of keeping everyone down.

Didn't the metro cops have pistols when you where roof crawling in red letter day.

Edit: I also think there doing that because there is speculation going around or false speculation that they are rebels.

"First they raid an apartment, then they raid the whole block..."

Read up on elements of distopia or a totalarian society, dudez. Or move to South Korea. Or North Korea. I forget which.

I thought the reason was that Gordon caused a mis-count in their apartment building?

That. But they were planning to smack the whole block anyway. The citizens were watching the APCs roll by before the dispatch tells everyone.

I would have thought it would be obvious, being that the game conveys a totalitarian state throughout and even makes you experience it once you get off the train. It's all about control, and the CPs are basically asserting their authority. Scared people do as they are told.

Not everyone has read 1984, or recognizes distopia when they see it.

Hell, I understood that without having played HL1 or read 1984.

It's obvious.

Failed to co operate would result in off-world location. I wonder what off-world location that may be. :O

Maybe that weird place we see at the end of HL2, and end of EP1, in the Citadel's portal?

The brown-red place with other Citadels floating. The gunships come though there to fight you during the final fight.

Back