i feel bad.......for us

Alright, I just found out I owe everyone here an apology. Apparently there were two seperate threads on advanced physics theory. I didn't even know the one you guys were talking about existed. I thought you meant this one, which I still hold my opinions about.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15351

So we were referring to two entirely different discussions. All I can say is I should have looked around more before assuming we were discussing the same thing. The one I was talking about doesn't even talk about string theory directly. It's about the Grand Unified theory. I thought I had seen string theory mentioned in the article, instead of the GUT. I guess I'm an idiot. Sorry.

By the way, what do you want from our education system? The String theory isn't exactly beginner material, it's rather advanced, and very complicated. Besides a short overview, we hardly speak of it in AP physics, simply becasue it's complicated nature.

Well nothing I said makes any sense in reference to the discussion concerning kleiner's lab.

So all I can say is, ignore everything I said before this post. That's what staying up for two days straight will do to you. Now I must go to bed before my brain completely shuts down.

String theory is a big maths based equation that explains all physics....

I think!

I aint sure though. It is a theory on how the universe is put together though. I know that for sure....

I think!!

:rolling:

It's a theory that attempts to explain all facets of the universe and tie all known physics together through the mathematical implementation of tiny vibrating entities called superstrings.

Physics which uses little twanging rubber bands made of energy.

I come everyday for all new daily news. whether it was for HL2, D3 or any general news + chatting with friends and gives arguments.

Mainly everything.

Originally posted by iamaelephant
WTF is the String Theory?

Well to simplify greatly, before string theory it was assumed that the smallest forms of matter were things like electrons, quarks, neutrinos, neutrons, etc. These were thought to be the basic building blocks of the universe. But string theory says that there is another level. All matter is actually made up of tiny vibrating "strings". Of course we can't see them thought since if they do exist they are way too small for current technology to see. If you really want to know about it though there are quite a few books on it.

Back