I finally preordered HL2 SE

BRODIEMAN2k4

Reaction score
I went to gamestop today and Pre ordered the Collectors Edition.
As i was walking out they said they expect it in november so i kinda was a smartass and gave them a sarcastic "riiight"

Good for you. I've been meaning to for awile now. . .

haha i dont' know why everyone just automatically thinks its going to be in october. think about it. i love the games valve makes, but its still valve. november sounds a lot more realistic than october. even if it goes gold tomorrow, november sounds more realistic

nerdcorerocks said:
haha i dont' know why everyone just automatically thinks its going to be in october. think about it. i love the games valve makes, but its still valve. november sounds a lot more realistic than october. even if it goes gold tomorrow, november sounds more realistic

hmm if the games all done and in VUG's hot little hands...well.... lol. Lets just see what happens on 8th of oct and hope the judge is good :farmer:

It's spelled CE not SE...Rename your thread.

Raziel-Jcd said:
The stores call it a SE (special edition)
I prepaid for it at an EB here in Canada. It's listed as "Halflife2 CLTR PC". I point that out just to contradict you :D.

Thanks for telling people on the internet that you preordered a game; this very much warranted a post. I'm sure hope everyone who read this post was as engaged as I was.

Countdown til the next person makes a thread consisting of "OMGZ GUYZ I PREORDERED HL2!!!11 ANY1 NO WHUTS IN IT LOLZ"

Brodie, how much did you have to throw down for that reserve?

I'm thinking of reserving a copy myself, and then deciding whether or not to actually buy it depending on what is included in the package.. (I have an ATi voucher anyways)

yeah how much for the goods? just got that oc'd 6800GT and I am jonesing for HL2...as is most everyone else here..

T.H.C.138 said:
yeah how much for the goods? just got that oc'd 6800GT and I am jonesing for HL2...as is most everyone else here..
Damn, THC, You got a 6800GT?! Sweeeet!
I bet you'll be playin though Doom 3 again now

I think HL2 CE is priced around $70-$80.
I just want to know how much it costs to reserve..

f|uke said:

I'm thinking of reserving a copy myself, and then deciding whether or not to actually buy it depending on what is included in the package.. (I have an ATi voucher anyways)

hmm...do u want a boxed version of the game? or are u more interested in downloading it off Steam?
because the wait for a boxed version using that Ati voucher is going to be at least 4-6 weeks...most fans would commit suicide waiting that long after release :p

edit: fluke whereabouts are u? i pre-ordered mine and all i needed to put down was $5 tho i actually handed a $20 :)

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm...do u want a boxed version of the game? or are u more interested in downloading it off Steam?
I already put my code in so I could play CSS!
I dont need a boxed version, unless there is something really cool included ;)

And as my profile says, I'm from Silicon Valley,. IE, San Jose, California

&NIN rocks.. havent listened to them(him) in ages tho

f|uke said:
I already put my code in so I could play CSS!
I dont need a boxed version, unless there is something really cool included ;)

And as my profile says, I'm from Silicon Valley,. IE, San Jose, California

&NIN rocks.. havent listened to them(him) in ages tho

so then that means if theres something really neat in the CE, u will be purchasing the game twice :p

and yeah NiN rocks!!
can't wait for the Closure DVD and the new album this fall :D

Dr. Freeman said:
so then that means if theres something really neat in the CE, u will be purchasing the game twice :p
Yah :-/ Especially considering I paid $50 for the voucher (yah, yah, illegal. oh well. I had to play CSS)
Maybe I can sell off my current account to a bud. (yah, i know, thats probably illegal too.)

i preordered a kick in the pants from an angry robot. i cant wait till it comes..im hoping october but november is probably more realistic. i think i might start a whole new thread about this.

Anybody from the UK able to order the CE yet. I can't find it anywhere. Will we have to wait for ages before we get it. I am worried as a lot of people are saying that the CE will have 'xtras' such as TF2. Of course it is going to be a bit more than the std version, but what else will it have. And where can i buy it from in the UK?!

:borg:

nerdcorerocks said:

I actually disagree. Do you realy think that it would take them more than an entire month to get everything produced and copied? I mean, Im sure it may have happened before, though I havnt heard of a game taking that long that I can remember, and my guess is there going to try to get it out quickly b/c of the public going crazy for it. Not literally, you know what I mean :) Octpober sounds the most reasonable to me.

I haven't preordered. I will just buy it through steam. I preordered another game one time though. can't remember the title .. :p

Cyber$nake said:
I actually disagree. Do you realy think that it would take them more than an entire month to get everything produced and copied? I mean, Im sure it may have happened before, though I havnt heard of a game taking that long that I can remember, and my guess is there going to try to get it out quickly b/c of the public going crazy for it. Not literally, you know what I mean :) Octpober sounds the most reasonable to me.

haha actually yes i really think that it "could" take them more than a month to get everything produced and copied. correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't that the case for condition zero? there is just no way i'm going to get my hopes up again for a valve release heh. I honest to god expect november. and if it comes earlier, then i guess its christmas in october for me.

Reserving copies is for losers. If you don't get the game the first day you will get it the second. Your throwing your money away. I live in Ontario, Canada so maybe it's different in the states but we get the game with in 2 days max.

wonkers said:
Reserving copies is for losers. If you don't get the game the first day you will get it the second. Your throwing your money away. I live in Ontario, Canada so maybe it's different in the states but we get the game with in 2 days max.
You're not really throwing your money away because the pre-order deposit is deducted from the final price of the game.

f|uke said:

$5, but i put down ten so i dont have to pay as much when it comes out

nerdcorerocks said:
haha actually yes i really think that it "could" take them more than a month to get everything produced and copied. correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't that the case for condition zero? there is just no way i'm going to get my hopes up again for a valve release heh. I honest to god expect november. and if it comes earlier, then i guess its christmas in october for me.
Im pretty sure CZ was delayed by VU, that why it took a few months.

Back