I found the easteregg (definately)

This is the most reasonable explanation I've ever heard for ANY easter egg at all. The rest was just mumble jumble junk. I like this idea, its actually got some actual facts to back it up :D
good work and to all the other people still searching for easter eggs.

This does qualify as an easter egg, yes. Take an easter egg in Half-Life for example, the names on the lockers when you first get to the lab - they're all the names of the VALVe members. That qualified as an easter egg, so I can't see why this shouldn't.

one thing about the "conditions could hardly be more ideal" debate... i haven't read that thread but i do know that a scientist says "conditions could hardly be more appropriate" .... it's almost the same... doesn't that count for an easter egg?

i mean i got chills when i first heard kleiner said that because i knew it spelled T-R-O-U-B-L-E :D

guys guys.

how do u actually know that the egg is in only the g-man, docks and klieners lab?

i mean it can be in ANYONE of all of them? qoute and show me where gabe says "it is only in the first 3-4 videos from e3" and i will believe u.

WELL DONE MAN ON FINDING THE NAMES NAME! GR8 find cause that is an Egg.

egg is something that the people who made the game put in the game, which are to do with either them, thier name, their voice. and so on.

max paynes has alot of easter eggs. (one has the people who made the game talking on a radio.

MGS2 has tags for the ppl's names. HL2 has one of the ppl's names.

Didn't Gabe say that one easter egg people haven't found yet has something to do with eye glints?

"Watch closely at those eyeglints..." or something.

Yes, there are easter eggs in the vids (though this is the first I've seen), but Gabe never said there's only one. He said that there's at least one that hasn't been spotted.

edit: 100th post w00t.

Check this out....

After reading this disc, I check out the High-Res movie of the Traptown...and here is what I found....check this pic..the buck seems to be there where the box is....A screenie is hard to take in that place so check the movie urself to see what I mean...
:eek:

http://www.snoozland.com/christian/HL2Eggs.htm

Originally posted by Slash
So they used the guy's last name. So what. That doesn't make it an easter egg. Chances are that dude is the one who MADE the texture for the box. This doesn't make it an easter egg.

yes it does.

And for everyone who cant read posts properly. The image posted of the reversed box isnt the initial boxed talked about. This is . . .

Save it and open it in a decent paint program to increase the brightness.

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 494
Re: Check this out....

Originally posted by Kwyjiboman
After reading this disc, I check out the High-Res movie of the Traptown...and here is what I found....check this pic..the buck seems to be there where the box is....A screenie is hard to take in that place so check the movie urself to see what I mean...
hmmmm... actually, i DON'T see what you mean. could you explain a little more what you think is the easter egg?

Re: Re: Check this out....

Originally posted by @bel
hmmmm... actually, i DON'T see what you mean. could you explain a little more what you think is the easter egg?

Maybe he means the name isnt reversed on the other side of the box. If thats not it i have no idea wht he means. Disc? Buck?

Looking at it again the paint cans inside the box clip out at bit in that pic.

Very nice find!, Lamb... Can I call you Lamb?
Maybe there are more names on the boxes...

that would explain the shadows, you know the swadows from the paint buckets beneath the table, they are there because the buckets are hidden inside the box.

You guys never picked up on that? Yes, there are two paint cans in the box. They fall out when the door is kicked in.

hum... When I look at the kleiner's lab video I noticed a logo on the girl's shirt (i dont remember her name).

Her grey sweater has a logo but I cant quite seem to make it out. In my opinion I think it looks like the Team Fortress logo. You know. The circle with the fort in the middle.

But I'm most likely wrong.

Originally posted by ComradCanuck
hum... When I look at the kleiner's lab video I noticed a logo on the girl's shirt (i dont remember her name).

Her grey sweater has a logo but I cant quite seem to make it out. In my opinion I think it looks like the Team Fortress logo. You know. The circle with the fort in the middle.

But I'm most likely wrong.

Most likely indeed. It's the black mesa logo, the writing underneath says CK ME, which could stand for Black Mesa or F*ck Me. One other thing-

twatface.jpg

Originally posted by Siirolon
Didn't Gabe say that one easter egg people haven't found yet has something to do with eye glints?
"Watch closely at those eyeglints..." or something.
Yes but also, you have to pay very close attention to Alyx's hair-do and the G-Man's stubble.

I've said too much...

Originally posted by El_Chi
Yes but also, you have to pay very close attention to Alyx's hair-do and the G-Man's stubble.
i can see some red/orange colored hair parts in Alyx's hair...
and since i'm dutch, i'm not sure what 'stubble' means...?
so erm... what about it? :rolleyes:

Stubble is the really short hairs you get when you need to shave.

ah ok :D
so what's the matter with the g-man's then?
(still searching for an easter egg... :x )

yeah... so that is THE easter egg?
the one Gabe was talking about?
don't think so really... :eek:

The G-Man does seem to blink alot (Blink Codec:p)
Maybe by some small detail morse code? Or is it too slow?

Ok I think we mixed things up again a little, I'm afraid the whole eye glints stuff Gabe mentioned isn't related to the Easter Egg at all, here's the email where he first talks about it:

posted by papa jake in http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2681
4) (a new one) are the hacked videos the easter eggs?

5) Can you give me any kind of juicy information about the game you haven't said yet so all my friends will think I'm bad to the bone?

Keep up the good work. The game's looking sweet!

4) Nope.

5) Look really really close at the eye glints of the characters.

So the eye glints are somehow containing some new information about the game (probably), but not about the Easter Egg, that was another question. I'm afraid the Kirchmer one is really the one we were looking for, though I didn't get an email back yet.

About the eyes themselves, check http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/04.jpg, http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/05.jpg and for example http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/02.jpg (there are more in the planethalflife.com Half Life 2 screenshot section), you can see that there are those little light dots in the characters eyes, most of the time you see only one, sometimes 2 or in the 2nd URL (but nowhere in the videos) even 3, but I have no clue what that means, except that they are made with really great detail (but they talked about the elliptic and bumpmapped eyes in some interviews already, thats no new info then).
On the other hand, you can also see (in Kleiners Lab and the G-Man video) that on top of the elliptic eye, theres another little bump, the pupil, like with a real eye.
Perhaps the question is, where does the light come from, 2 little flashlights in the new HEV or so, who knows...

EDIT: It's eye glints, not eye glimpse alright.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 418
Eye glints eh?

I think Gabe might have been kidding. They guy didn't ask for a hint on the easter egg, he just asked for some info in general.

well, this topic proved there are actually some semi- easter eggs in the released movies. so i still don't think he's kidding.

I don't know .. this is the only possible screenshot where you could see something useful in the eyes (actually it's on the glasses):

http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/15.jpg

EDIT: Also there is this. It is definatelly an easter egg (althought we don't know what/who it is) and it definatelly has eye glints. I sent this image to Gabe a while back but he never responded.

about the last thing you mentioned:
at first i thought it was the G-man, considering the eyebrows, the hair and the collar.
but now i see it scaled different i notice these huge round things on his cheeks. kinda like claws or something.
what do you think it is?

The reflexion in his glasses look like that tall black building in the barney video :\

could that toilet in that blue container be an egg. that container that falls and the combine solders. there is a toilet inside.

well the reflection in the glasses looks like a combine soldier to me... but there's not enough to really tell, obvoiusly. it's just teh silouette(sp) looks similar.

well, about the kirchmer, i couldn't tell very well what it said, especially the alley one. so i puched em up a bit, and in case anyone else had trouble there, here they are: (ps. credit to the posters', these are not my SS's)

-Phision

Attachments

• 5enhanced.jpg
    5enhanced.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 391
heres the other:

-Phison

Attachments

• mailenhanced.jpg
    mailenhanced.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 373
Big deal.. if this is an easter egg then I give up on all the prerelease hype because it's the lamest thing I have ever seen.

Back