I Hate Cheaters

H

Hanne

Hmmm man

I dont understand why valve didnt put punkbuster in this game, yes i know punkbuster dont catch all cheaters. But it get some, on a server without a admin u are ****ed i just ****ing hate it.

I played on 2 servers 2day and i say speedhack both times.

Any1 know if there gonna be something in this game, that will kick cheaters or something because it will go ****ing fast soon all servers are full of them!! :angry:

well Valve have their own method of anti-cheating called VAC (valve anti cheat) and supposedly VAC2 was going to be introduced with HL2, but so far there is NO anti cheat methods being useable with CS:S.

the question is though, if CS:S is HL2's MP component, why not activate it now?

Mr. Redundant said:
the question is though, if CS:S is HL2's MP component, why not activate it now?

They are probably waiting a while to see how these hacks are developed, and might be able to stop everything with VAC2. I think it's clever. To study your enemy first, then strike ;)

Retro_X said:
They are probably waiting a while to see how these hacks are developed, and might be able to stop everything with VAC2. I think it's clever. To study your enemy first, then strike ;)
I didn't think of that, that seems logical.

however cheats are made by the minute, studying them does nothing but let cheaters cheat for a longer period of time.

people have speculated that VAC2 will be made available when HL2 is released... but it seems a tad counter productive considering that the mp component is already in it's "full version" status, purchased and played daily.

perhaps it shares some core files with the engine in some way... dunno.

Yeh since some of the cheats started showing up, the paranoia in CS went sky high.

I haven't met a single cheater while playing CSS yet. Amazing.

I haven't met a single cheater while playing CSS yet. Amazing.

Same....

I didn't even think you could cheat with CSS until quite recently when someone told me about the wall hack...something about opengl. I wasn't really paying attention.

I haven't met a cheater nor was I ever on a server crashed by the %n thing before it was fixed.

They'd have a hard job using an OpenGL wallhack in CS:S, as it doesn't use OpenGL at all.

Pi Mu Rho 1 --- Mouldy Punk 0

HAvent seen a cheater since the beta when someone was speedhacking... and if they have been then the hacks must suck cause I do better than them anyway :p

if you see a cheater just dont care about it
first things to do is just leave the server
find a diferent server

its that easy

There's no aimbot out for CSS yet, I'm afraid. It's just the screwey hitboxes :p.

what fun do people get out of playing unfair on public servers? i just dont understand it.

Suicide42 said:
what fun do people get out of playing unfair on public servers? i just dont understand it.

they suck at life, so they make up for it by cheating in cs..

i.e. they feel like theyre good at something

iv seen one, a myg*t. was usin speedhack, i think thats it though.

Yep, Speedhacks are out. Think wallhacks are too because the guy had some pretty crazy sight.

de_aztec and the guy, a terrorist with an M4 the whole way got to the CT bomb site just as we left spawn to get there. It's crap.

I have seen blatant wallhacking... besides that nothing I could tell as being a cheat.

the wallhacking was extremely blatant though... and I didn't accuse him, I let a couple other people know about it and asked them to spectate him as well (to make sure).

Hanne said:
Hmmm man

I dont understand why valve didnt put punkbuster in this game, yes i know punkbuster dont catch all cheaters. But it get some, on a server without a admin u are ****ed i just ****ing hate it.

I played on 2 servers 2day and i say speedhack both times.

Any1 know if there gonna be something in this game, that will kick cheaters or something because it will go ****ing fast soon all servers are full of them!! :angry:

i have yet to see speedhack yet but i have heard of people using aimbot and have seen people using itb efore that i know

-merc

I don't understand all this hack-crap. I have never used a hack because I think it's less challenging to play the game with superhero aids like aimbot or wallhack. I'd get bored. Wouldn't you get bored?

Pi Mu Rho said:
They'd have a hard job using an OpenGL wallhack in CS:S, as it doesn't use OpenGL at all.

does this mean to say id get better performance using the 3D graphics option, rather the OpenGl???

jertsy... anything on the HL2 engine will default to DirectX. you dont need to do anything apart from make sure you have dx9 and updated drivers.

openGL worked for hl1, no longer supported for HL2

I did say I wasn't paying attention.

Hackers achieve this effect by several methods, usually either replacing the OpenGL32.dll file in the windows system files, or they “hook” the OpenGL32 file when it is loaded into the memory, altering its information to achieve this effect.
That's what it says about it @ counter-hack.net, I googled it to make sure I didn't dream the whole thing up :p, and they reckon they use an opengl hack.

Mouldy Punk said:
That's what it says about it @ counter-hack.net, I googled it to make sure I didn't dream the whole thing up :p, and they reckon they use an opengl hack.
their infor posted there is quite old.

I've seen several speed hacks, and I tell you its quite irritating to get gunned down before reaching the bridge on Aztec. I hope Valve gets VAC2 up and running soon as possbile and starts dishing out the bans.

Back