i hate to add to speculation and rumors, but...

lemonfridge

Reaction score
does anyone else think its funny that they supposedly went though the entire process of designing and building a game, without making a model of the lead character??

Im no game expert, and im admittedly not very smart. But i would have thought they would have made a model of Freeman, Even if it wasnt actually used.

If we assume for a min, that they did, what use would it be????

Multiplayer??

(or is there an official Freeman model i dont know about?)

YOU are the model.

/me points at lemonfridge

:|

Yes, there is a multiplayer for HL2, search the forums.

There doesn't need to be one, considering the fact that you never see yourself and there is no multiplayer with HL2 characters.

uhh, zuh? Your asking why they didn't make a freeman model in yet you want to know what it would be used for anyway?

They have made one, it's in Raising the Bar as Gordon's face was made up from four of the development guys at Valve...

lemonfridge said:
does anyone else think its funny that they supposedly went though the entire process of designing and building a game, without making a model of the lead character??

Im no game expert, and im admittedly not very smart. But i would have thought they would have made a model of Freeman, Even if it wasnt actually used.

If we assume for a min, that they did, what use would it be????

Multiplayer??

(or is there an official Freeman model i dont know about?)

no, that is not funny, that is a sad sign lazyness a lack of interest for the job, you hearing this Gabe!?!?!?!

Chris_D said:
They have made one, it's in Raising the Bar as Gordon's face was made up from four of the development guys at Valve...

So where is it?

I still cant get my copy of raising the bar :(

they have a model, but its all grey and it moves sideways, you can see the shape of gordon and his hair, but its there

Jesus Lincoln said:
they have a model, but its all grey and it moves sideways, you can see the shape of gordon and his hair, but its there

exactly. isnt it weird that there isnt a complete and working model of gordon? weird that they supposedly never made one?

Even tho he never gets seen in the single player game, it still seems kinda odd that a model wouldnt be made.

I know im addind 2 and 2 and getting 5 here. But lets assume they DID. Its only real use would be for multiplayer, and maybe a few weird addons (like HL2 from Alyx's perspective).

Well, halflife 1 had a Gordon model in the SDK, it just didn't have any AI (it was used for the multiplayer). HL1 also contained many other models that didn't make the game (such as the "Kingpin" creature, the "Skubat" etc - play Darkstar if you want to see these in game). I suspect the SDK will contain a Gordon model as well as other unfinished models that we can play with.

Back