I heard something awhile ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGMan.

Reaction score
Well, not much to say, but I heard on some other forum that EA bought the rights to Half Life or Valve, one of the two. Is this true?

Yes, but keep in mind that they will still publish over Steam, and that EA only have rights to publish, nothing else.

No, they are now Valve's puplishers. They pay for the retail copies and get money from every time someone buys a Valve game via a shop instead of Steam. That's it.

Noooo!!!!!not Ea!!!! That Dam Empire Needs To Lay Off!!! Hasn't Ruined Enough Games Already?!!??!?!?!?!?

Sorta like tax eh? Most EA Games need disks to play with... I hope that tradition doesn't infect the next series of CS/HL or whatever....

It's no big deal. They just have the rights to release the game in stores. It's not a tax, you can still buy games through Steam and won't require a disc to play, and EA have no input or control over Valve's affairs.

Yeah, they can't do sh*t. Buy off Steam and deny EA their cash!

There won't be any changes. Admitadly, EA ruin everything they touch imo :(

EA have switched places with Vivendi Universal. Switching one big money bag company for another. That is all. If valve wanted to create a HL expansion pack centered around Gordon's adventures as a Sperm in his mother's uterus, EA would have no say in it whatsoever. Valve greenlights and manages it's own projects. EA chooses whether it feels like burning Steam cache files onto discs and putting them in shops. Just about every PC developer the world over must envy Valve's autonomy.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! EA are a bunch of b!t@hes that can't make a good game to save there lives. VIva la valve

God Damn Peice Of Shit Ea God Damn Shit Assface Cocksucks!!! Im Never Buying A Valve Game On Disc. Only Download. How Could Valve Make Sure A Mistake. I Mean The Water Reflection Mistake Is Understandable But This Is It!

Sgt. Redneck said:
God Damn Peice Of Shit Ea God Damn Shit Assface Cocksucks!!! Im Never Buying A Valve Game On Disc. Only Download. How Could Valve Make Sure A Mistake. I Mean The Water Reflection Mistake Is Understandable But This Is It!

#1. You just capitalized every word. -100 respect

#2. Expletives. -50

#3. Spelled 'piece wrong' -135

:p

Ampro said:
There won't be any changes. Admitadly, EA ruin everything they touch imo :(
In this case, they can only really ruin retail boxes, manuals and DVD/CD quality. Every other aspect of the game cannot be touched by EA.

I thought EA was the distrubutor. Half-Life 2 GOTY Edition had no EA stuff on it whatsoever.

evilsloth said:
EA only have rights to publish, nothing else.

at least that means Gordons HEV suit wont be equipped with an mp3 player that plays "EA Trax" featuring all "your favorite" bands playing shite music that all the 8 yr olds love

Nice.
But Ea dont suck that bad. But sure, theire games focus on younger players.

EA is kind of like the Combine and Valve is Eli. You see as much as they'd like to assimilate Valve to gain their local teleportation technology (money potential) they know that doing so would ruin Half-Life and defeat the whole purpose. So instead they stand back waiting for the right moment... letting Valve get better and better... Just waiting for that signal.

Hmmm, if EA publish future Valve games to stores, and if they require a CD in the drive in order to play...gonna be lot easier to warez :(

BUT, if all future Valve games need Steam to be running, regardless of whether they were installed with EA's dirty disks, then hooray! \o/

To be honest I hate Steam and I don't like that I must have it in order to play a game I already paid for. I shouldn't need Steam at all to play Half-Life.

It's like being forced to choose between Nihilanth or the Combine. =/ I lose.

Ok, yeah, EA are Valves publishers. We've had this discussion.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back