I hope all you CS:S Cyber Cafe players are happy

dart321

Reaction score
My F*#$ing state barely knows what the internet is, much less an internet café, much less a café powered by Steam. So now I get to sit and watch all the CS:S movies and sceenshots, and listen to all the people rant and rave about how great it is, all the while slowly going insane. How many are in the same boat as me?

Hey, I don't even have a CD key for the beta testing, I'll have to wait for HL2 to hit the shelves, somewhere in the year 2345.

Hey, my state (Kansas) doesn't have any cyber-cafes with the Steam subscription either. I'm just patiently waiting for the 18th to come. Once it does, I will be a happy man. A very happy man.

I wouldn't get too worked up. Sure it looks nice, but most cyber cafe's (including the ones near me) are running old hardware (DX 7/8) so it makes it look fairly average. The fact that there is only one map too is a big downer.

ktimekiller said:
umm what state is this?

Louisiana. The state has its fair share of misconceptions, but lack of technology sure isn't one of them.

dart321 said:
Louisiana. The state has its fair share of misconceptions, but lack technology sure isn't one of them.

One time, I was chatting with someone in IRC, and they asked me where I was from, I replied Kansas, and he said "You have internet in Kansas?" I just left the channel.

benson said:
I wouldn't get too worked up. Sure it looks nice, but most cyber cafe's (including the ones near me) are running old hardware (DX 7/8) so it makes it look fairly average. The fact that there is only one map too is a big downer.

At least you get to play it. At least you can press a button and that little CT/T on your screen moves around in source engine goodness.

EC said:
One time, I was chatting with someone in IRC, and they asked me where I was from, I replied Kansas, and he said "You have internet in Kansas?" I just left the channel.

Lol, that is bad. Don't get me wrong though, right now I'm not writing this near a bayou in a shack somewhere, its just our state really isn't know for its..uh... well, anything except Mardi Gras and food (and for good reason).

What are we known for... wheat, Kansas City, KU and K-State. And flat. Lots of flat.

At least you get to play it. At least you can press a button and that little CT/T on your screen moves around in source engine goodness.

:sleep: Mmmmm source engine goodness...uh oh, i dont know how to spell that sound that homer makes when he thinks about donuts - like - alhlghghlglalaglaghlhgall...er sompeting....

Boy this post is really, really off topic. So uh... what does everyone thing of the new weapon models?

Idonotbelonghere said:
:sleep: Mmmmm source engine goodness...uh oh, i dont know how to spell that sound that homer makes when he thinks about donuts - like - alhlghghlglalaglaghlhgall...er sompeting....

Ahaha funny. that was great.

On a completely different note: Something I'd like to know. Throughout the map, there are stacks of small cardboard boxes, about 30 or so to a stack. Are those static, or dynamic? I honestly want to know if a grenade will blow them apart. They appear to be dynamic from the way they look, but no one has messed with them that I have seen yet. Anyone care to straighten this out?

EC said:
On a completely different note: Something I'd like to know. Throughout the map, there are stacks of small cardboard boxes, about 30 or so to a stack. Are those static, or dynamic? I honestly want to know if a grenade will blow them apart. They appear to be dynamic from the way they look, but no one has messed with them that I have seen yet. Anyone care to straighten this out?
I was wondering the same thing.

Also, no cybercafes listed in Ohio either. :(

Dart... i fail to see why you're going "insane." Exactly WHY would you want to pay to play a game at some cyber cafe? Its just simply insane to me of why people would do it just to play it. I would personally much rather just stay at home and play it on my system then on some close to public computer.

If you are so anxious to get it, go buy condition zero off of newegg which I believe is pretty damn close to $20 USD. By the time you get it, hey, you're well off to preloading. Instead of paying 20 dollars to use cyber cafe's computer and play for a few hours just cash it on CZ and you'll be able to play CS:S a whole lot longer and in the end you'll be having a few more dead presidents on paper in your pocket.

EDIT: BTW, be happy you dont live in a state like Idaho. I heard that place is so useless not only is it the least populated state, its also one whole freakin county... called Idaho...

wako said:
Dart... i fail to see why you're going "insane." Exactly WHY would you want to pay to play a game at some cyber cafe? Its just simply insane to me of why people would do it just to play it. I would personally much rather just stay at home and play it on my system then on some close to public computer.

If you are so anxious to get it, go buy condition zero off of newegg which I believe is pretty damn close to $20 USD. By the time you get it, hey, you're well off to preloading. Instead of paying 20 dollars to use cyber cafe's computer and play for a few hours just cash it on CZ and you'll be able to play CS:S a whole lot longer and in the end you'll be having a few more dead presidents on paper in your pocket.

EDIT: BTW, be happy you dont live in a state like Idaho. I heard that place is so useless not only is it the least populated state, its also one whole freakin county... called Idaho...

Its not so much as I'm craving to go spend my money playing a game I dont even own, it's just I'd like the option to at least be open to me. That and I hate listening to people talk about a good game just out of my grasp. I'm not trying to rant or anything.

dart321 said:
My F*#$ing state barely knows what the internet is, much less an internet café, much less a café powered by Steam. So now I get to sit and watch all the CS:S movies and sceenshots, and listen to all the people rant and rave about how great it is, all the while slowly going insane. How many are in the same boat as me?

Hey, you wanna know something? Nobody here in Northeast Florida is running the CS:S beta. But I don't care, I can wait.

Back