I just created the leetest firefox extension EVER!!! THE STEAM LAUNCHER!

Very cool. Netscape has something like it for AIM and i always thought it was cool.

:D I have maded a SteamIRC hehe

YOU STOLE MY IDEA WITH THAT POPUP HOMIE ;) heh

Here's an idea: Anybody who hasn't used Firefox needs to kindly shut the f-ck up because you're just making yourselves look foolish and ignorant.

Go download it, use it exclusively for a week, then get back to us, though I suspect you may have a new favorite browser by then. ;)

lordoftheroot said:
^^^ i am with him ^^^

ditto.

I started using firefox for 2 reasons.
1.) A working popup blocker that is ez to use (you don't have to do anything!!)
2.) Tabs..I mean, don't you love seeing screenshots of peoples desktops and them having ump-teen IE windows open? I laugh...and if you won't switch to something that's "trendy" then you need to get out more... :( it's a damn good browser, just cause your biased against anything BUT IE...

FISKER_Q said:
Spyware doesn't install itself. IE is skinnable as well, since when has IE lacked favorites? Google search can be done as well(By a simple registry key i think), and popup blocker is already there.

Although Firefox isn't bad i haven't seen ANY base for "Rediscover the web" and etc. ads they're running. It's pretty similar to IE.

Atleast for the end user.

Favorites list and Favorites Toolbar are totally different Mister. A Favorites toolbar sits below your address bar. So much easier than going through a menu.

You know what else is true? Ad-Aware ONLY picks up spyware in my IE cache. Man, IE sure has FF beat out.

I'm sorry but FF > IE. It's so much better, you just have to try it. I used to use IE, but now I don't and I'm much more happy. If you're like me and like to browse numerous sites at once, say hello to tabbed browsing. No more cluttered taskbar! Voila!

oh wow it has tabs, who cares! who needs 100 windows open anyway. fully skinnable? great! you can make it look like a piece of fairy floss that got tagged up by some hoodlums with spraycans. popup blocker - you mean like the one that IE has in SP2? or were you too busy jerking off over the fox icon.
who gives a crap about browsers, all they do it take you to websites. i have zero problems with IE. maybe if i was an elitist i would like FF too.

i hate skins and i use xp in classic mode so theres no gay blue toolbars and everything looks just great and simple.

Wesisapie said:
oh wow it has tabs, who cares! who needs 100 windows open anyway. fully skinnable? great! you can make it look like a piece of fairy floss that got tagged up by some hoodlums with spraycans. popup blocker - you mean like the one that IE has in SP2? or were you too busy jerking off over the fox icon.
who gives a crap about browsers, all they do it take you to websites. i have zero problems with IE. maybe if i was an elitist i would like FF too.
Mountain Man said:
Here's an idea: Anybody who hasn't used Firefox needs to kindly shut the f-ck up because you're just making yourselves look foolish and ignorant.

Go download it, use it exclusively for a week, then get back to us, though I suspect you may have a new favorite browser by then. ;)

wonkers said:
Fire fox is a trendy useless APP. Just like all the people who use Linux instead of 98 or XP because it was cool back then. Ohh look at me I can copy and paste CS server code and run this leet linux server and play games like a masta.

I am bitter. I hate trends most of the time.

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O
ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS? HAVE YOU *USED* FIREFOX?!?!?!?

it kicks IE's ass so hard its amazing, i never have any problems with it,it stops all my popups, i dont get stupid search bars getting downloaded all the time, i can have heaps of tabs, i can search on google without actually going to google, an in built download manager with pause and resume function,

I go crazy whenever i have to use another browser

Yeah, seriously, they just need to try it for themselves. And I mean really try it and not just look at for five minutes and go, "Yeah? So?" That's why I recommend using it exclusively for the period of one week.

Wesisapie said:

i hate skins and i use xp in classic mode so theres no gay blue toolbars and everything looks just great and simple.

Before i used firefox i wasnt that excited about tabs either, in fact it was a while before i started using them a lot, but once you get used to it, it kicks ass. And now whenever i use IE i absolutely hate not having tabs

Before firefox i didn't know where to go in my life, i was in mounting debt and my wife left me. Now with firefox i am a billionaire with a hot Super model girl friend. Thanks firefox :thumbs:

Malfunction said:
Favorites list and Favorites Toolbar are totally different Mister. A Favorites toolbar sits below your address bar. So much easier than going through a menu.

You know what else is true? Ad-Aware ONLY picks up spyware in my IE cache. Man, IE sure has FF beat out.

I'm sorry but FF > IE. It's so much better, you just have to try it. I used to use IE, but now I don't and I'm much more happy. If you're like me and like to browse numerous sites at once, say hello to tabbed browsing. No more cluttered taskbar! Voila!
Yeah and IE has the same feature by standard. You just have to put in the links yourself.

I use Avant Browser keke it's just IE with tabbed browsing and it seems fine. I use to use firefox but avant browser saves my tabs after I exit.. that's why I switched.

I heard Firefox is pretty much based off IE.. I think it's all pretty much the same.

--- and my google bar blocks all my pop ups and annoying flash ads so no complaints..

--- also avant browser has a little side thing that i can click on which brings up the favorites menu.. just like clicking the bookmark button.

and I also like how i can ad-blocker which can block pictures with a particular string in the url (ie *ad*, *fastclick*)

so I say Avant Browser all the way!!! yeay

i must say that it is MUCH easier to contract spyware using ie. i used to have to run ad aware ALL the time, and it never really change much. now that i use ff, i barely use it at all, and when i do there is nothing anyway. i feel so much more secure using ff. cant stand ie anymore

For the longest time, IE would automatically run software despite the Yes/No prompt, and it can STILL install some things automatically.

Firefox's adblocker extension blocks not only pictures but Iframes as well, acting as if the ad never existed. That's just sweet, people. Try it out and see how much space you save.

adblocker extension homepage

fragnemesis said:
For the longest time, IE would automatically run software despite the Yes/No prompt, and it can STILL install some things automatically.

Firefox's adblocker extension blocks not only pictures but Iframes as well, acting as if the ad never existed. That's just sweet, people. Try it out and see how much space you save.

adblocker extension homepage
Oddly enough i've never had those issues, so since you know they're there then you probably must also know a link which automatically installs the software.

Of course it has had security exploits making it possible, but they're fixed. Likewise has Mozilla/Firefox had the same issues, and have also fixed them.

wonkers said:
Fire fox is a trendy useless APP. Just like all the people who use Linux instead of 98 or XP because it was cool back then. Ohh look at me I can copy and paste CS server code and run this leet linux server and play games like a masta.

I am bitter. I hate trends most of the time.

I don't give a shit about trends. I use firefox because it's a better program from my experience.

I've been using firefox in its various incarnations (phoenix etc..) for a few years, and I'd definitely never go back to IE.

The security benefits are worth mentioning, but not something which I need (I'm not stupid enough to click .jpg links in irc :)).

Personally I can't live without tabbed browsing and mouse gestures. I know there are IE tab addons (like crazybrowser), but I've used those and I still find firefox much better.
I can honestly say that the only times I use IE now are for testing sites I'm working on, for sites that _need_ activex, and for very poorly designed sites that have a borwser check - although I can just spoof the useragent in firefox if I want.

The web developer extension for firefox is also a huge bonus. I won't list everything that it does, but it's a very useful tool when you're a web developer.

The final bonus is that it's easy to create extensions. If you're an ok coder and want something added to firefox, it's not that difficult to have a go at it yourself. Failing that, mozdev.org probably has info about what you want.

I can understand why people say they're happy with IE because it works. But anyone who tries to claim that firefox is a 'trend', or users are 'fanboys', or even that IE is a superior browser, is basically talking rubbish.
Technically, firefox _is_ a better browser, and the only reason IE is the most popular is because it's shipped with windows.

StarMonkey said:
I've been using firefox in its various incarnations (phoenix etc..) for a few years, and I'd definitely never go back to IE.

The security benefits are worth mentioning, but not something which I need (I'm not stupid enough to click .jpg links in irc :)).

Personally I can't live without tabbed browsing and mouse gestures. I know there are IE tab addons (like crazybrowser), but I've used those and I still find firefox much better.
I can honestly say that the only times I use IE now are for testing sites I'm working on, for sites that _need_ activex, and for very poorly designed sites that have a borwser check - although I can just spoof the useragent in firefox if I want.

The web developer extension for firefox is also a huge bonus. I won't list everything that it does, but it's a very useful tool when you're a web developer.

The final bonus is that it's easy to create extensions. If you're an ok coder and want something added to firefox, it's not that difficult to have a go at it yourself. Failing that, mozdev.org probably has info about what you want.

I can understand why people say they're happy with IE because it works. But anyone who tries to claim that firefox is a 'trend', or users are 'fanboys', or even that IE is a superior browser, is basically talking rubbish.
Technically, firefox _is_ a better browser, and the only reason IE is the most popular is because it's shipped with windows.
Yeah i totally agree with that. Still besides for the obvious rendering problems with IE then there isn't the biggest difference in what they can. Tabbed browsing being the most noticeable difference.

And with security there pretty much can never be a discussion about how insecure or secure a browser is, all software does have it's exploits. And you can't compare the number of bugs alone, since with Firefox some bugs are only for some operating systems. Some bugs are also just spelling mistakes.

IE doesn't report all bugs as bugs but includes it in another patch or a package with a lot of patches.

Back