I love the G-Man.

M

moppe

Seriusly, coolest game characther that I've ever seen in a game.
In Halflife I've thought that he was realy mysterius and no body knew who he was. Even after the end he was a mystery.
His voice is realy cool, the random speech pattern makes it sound like, well, very wierd.

"Rise and shine, Mr Freeman. Rise and shine.
Not that I wish to imply that you've been sleeping but the job, no one is more deserving then a rest and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste.
Until... (Wierd breathing sound)
Well, lets just say that your hour has come again.
So, wake up Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes."

Yes the G-Man is a very cool guy, can't wait to see what happens with him, and how Gordon and his relationship plays out.

Is it just me or will G-Man remain a mystery until HL3? :)

Oh, and I think I'm about to start a relationship with him, he's just so hot. Well, almost.

yUo LUv a M4n!?!?!!!?!?! ewwz0rz!!!!1!1

Tyrael owns the G-man.

He destroyed the worldstone which creates a border between the mortal realm and heaven/hell. That would result in demons spewing fourth into earth. The g-man could not rival a **** up as monumental as that.

What the hell am i saying....

G-Man is awesome, yes.. He is just so mysterious, frightening and at the same time showing signs of a damaged man.. Just.. Perfect.

Mr-Fusion said:
Tyrael owns the G-man.

He destroyed the worldstone which creates a border between the mortal realm and heaven/hell. That would result in demons spewing fourth into earth. The g-man could not rival a **** up as monumental as that.

the G-man talks funny, BEAT THAT!
W00T GG LOLZ OWNED!!!

edit:
yeah Tyrael destroyed the worldstone, but the lazy Mfer couldnt take out any of Diablo's or Bale's amies... let alone one of them.
bah he comes in and is all, Oh dont worry mortal I will save life as we know it, for I am all coolness and shite.

bah lazy moflo he was, glory hog

You all know that no one of those petty beings can stand a fight against the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!

The G-Man is cool... Speech patterns certainly can make a character more real, can't they?

I'd love to know his real name...

he is one of the coolest characters, and i love how creepy he is. come on, that intro he gives in the video is amazing.

"so wake up Mr. Freeman, Wake up.. and smell the ashes"

man that quote is just instant classic material.
G-man is the MAN
CHi che choo chi cheh G-UNi-.. Man!

Agree, that quote will make it inside the books.
"Rise and shine Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes."

He's like the cancer man on the X-Files. Mysterious and into everything. High up on the power meter.

sorry to dig up an old thread but this is driving me insane.. does this not make sense to anyone elese

no one is more deserving then a rest and all the effort in the world would have gone to wast.

is that a typo?

Crusader said:
Yes........

actually I just viewed the movie again and it's not but I cant tell if you were trying to be sarcastic so il just assume you were.. yeah I guess the gman dosnt have perfect sentence structure.. :E

sounds fine to me

ummm, just watched it and it sounds fine to me...there was a typo though

"no one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste."

is how it should go....I think :E

He's insane...and crazy....and freaky....and he is dressed in a blue suit....and in the first half-life he had glasses....and now he doesn't....that's scary...and those eyes......I'm done. :E

dream431ca said:
He's insane...and crazy....and freaky....and he is dressed in a blue suit....and in the first half-life he had glasses....and now he doesn't....that's scary...and those eyes......I'm done. :E
Glasses?

Are we talking about the G-man?

vegeta897 said:
Glasses?

Are we talking about the G-man?

Don't you remember...The first half-life....He had glasses and was scary...but now....he doesn't have glasses...so he is really scary... :E

Oh yes and I'm trying to warp your mind.

Watch the E3 2004 video in quicktime ala fast-mo, he voice becomes so squeaky you will lose respect for him for like an hour, then remember how badass he is again...
LMAO squeakyness :D

Dead-Inside said:
Is it just me or will G-Man remain a mystery until HL3? :)

i think so too... although we may know a few more things about him after HL2, but not enough obviously :)

Dead-Inside said:
Oh, and I think I'm about to start a relationship with him, he's just so hot. Well, almost.

hot? sizzling!! :naughty: :LOL:

The G-Man? With glasses? :rolleyes:

I just remember the cool tie adjustments he did, those were awesome.

For anyone that's still interested:

G-Man beginning of E3 2004 video (off the cool gamespot videos) said:
"Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and...shine. Not that I wish to imply that you have been sleeping on the job; no one is more deserving of a rest and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste - until, well, let's just say your hour has come again. [evil smile] So, wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes.

G-Man end of E3 2004 video (off the cool gamespot videos) said:
"That's all for now. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. I will see you up ahead."

reading that made me remember how he sounds and how excited i am about this game, it will be incredible.

No, the G-Man didn't have glasses o_O The face skin is just weird but I can see no glasses. Play the game and see for yourself! (or use some modelviewer)

I think this must have been asked a gazillion times or more but what does g-man stand for and/or what does a g-man do?

jimbones said:
I think this must have been asked a gazillion times or more but what does g-man stand for and/or what does a g-man do?

According the the definition at dictionary.com:

G-man
n.

An agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

[g(overnment) + man.]

In general, the guy who runs the show behind the scenes.

He sounds a bit like The Agent in the Matrix ("Mister Anderson..."). But the G-man looks a bit more witty, an observer, not opposer. Truly a man who works behind the scenes.

Yeah, the Gman is def' one of the better game characters out there.

I doubt we'll see much of him in the game. I'm guessing the same as in the original Half Life: an intro, some cameos and an outro.

A.I. said:
He sounds a bit like The Agent in the Matrix ("Mister Anderson..."). But the G-man looks a bit more witty, an observer, not opposer. Truly a man who works behind the scenes.

DJ G-man delux seems a little bit more like a cazy old codger than the agent smith character.

Anyone ever noticed that the G-Man could resemble what Gordon looks like after he ages a bit?

Also the possibility that the G in G-Man stands for Gordon?

Personally I think that the G-Man might be Gordon in the future come back to guide him along the right path.

But thats just my guess.

crabcakes66 said:
DJ G-man delux seems a little bit more like a cazy old codger than the agent smith character.

Touché. :thumbs: :cool:

Back