i missed what happened to /me?

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
I remember the first time I came here in december 2003, there was a very cool /me command that made the text orange and said "Audiophile dances" or whatever.

Why'd that go? Between sessions here (I left the forums as Chris-008 sometime in January) and when I returned a few months later it was gone!

Unfortunately, whenever vBulletin updates and we upload the new software to our server, it removes the customised code for the /me commands.

But yes, it does indeed rock and if it wasn't for the fact that we haven't had a vBulletin update for months (sod's law says there'll be one soon) I'd say we should get it back online.

Yes we need /me back damn't!

I DEMAND IT!!!!!!

yep, i always feel a bit stupid putting stars around it like so:

*pulls TDE's hat over his eyes for changing his name to Tentaphile*

It would be nice to have the /me thing back, even though I never got to experience it :dozey:

if you typed

/me attacks Danimal with a bar of soap

it would look something like

Audiophile attacks Danimal with a bar of soap.

except its a darker orange.

I know what it did... Hey, you changed your name!

yep! got tired of people asking what kind of stereo I have... when I chose the name audiophile i wasn't aware that it meant someone with a nice stereo. I still love music tho!

i believe the /me command has been requested 3-4 different times here in the last few months but whoever takes care of this either hasn't seen these 3-4 threads or doesn't care :|

maybe one of the admins can get the ball rolling? *cough*

i mean, /me coughs

Ennui said:
yep! got tired of people asking what kind of stereo I have... when I chose the name audiophile i wasn't aware that it meant someone with a nice stereo. I still love music tho!
ROFL!!

As it's been said, I always re-add it and then Munro updates our version of vbulletin and it gets overwritten :)

I'll add it again in a couple of days.

StarMonkey said:
As it's been said, I always re-add it and then Munro updates our version of vbulletin and it gets overwritten :)

I'll add it again in a couple of days.
Thank you good man! :D

What is the director of Parse Error on Line 1? I am baffled

Danimal said:
What is the director of Parse Error on Line 1? I am baffled
It's a joke, dimwit.

/me slaps Danimal.

Edit: nope, still doesn't work.

j/k mate, just playin :p

/me thinks commands such as /me commands, really do float many boats on this here forum.

I'm gonna have to bump this shizzle.

Wheres the /me command chris! :frown:

How often does vBulletin update? Surely not too often, and installing a /me script shouldn't take too long...

Darn you StarMonkey! /me Slaps StarMonkey across the face! Ouch

no point in asking really.
by the time it gets added, a new forum update will screw it up again :|

Well, people like me will get to exprience it for a short while at lerast :p

ktimekiller said:
Well, people like me will get to exprience it for a short while at lerast :p

well good luck :)
if look at the original post in this thread, it shows the thread itself is quite old.. so this request has been here quite a while.

If you want to experience "/me" try IRC, I'm pretty sure that is where it originated.

Back