Reaction score
omg i only scored 94 marks using that benchmark program
i couldnt even comeplete all tests for all games

2400+ athlon XP (2.0 ghz) -266 fsb
albatron kx600
512 ddr pc2700
geforce 4 mx440
sb live! 5.1 gamer

but when i play my games, it runs pretty smoothly, donno whats up with that benchmark and my comp

266 is pretty slow for frontside-bus speed these days.

Fortis, first of all 266 FSB isn't slow, second of all that wouldn't have hardly any impact on his 3D marks.

FortisVir: Slow if it was an Intel chip, however it is a AMD chip, and it's perfectly fine. Anyways, you're CPU doesn't affect 3dmark03 that much.

peterhonag:It is very hard to get a score over 1000 in 3dmark03 without a directX9 card, and the GF4MX is a very, very poor card in terms of game performace. You should try 3DMark01SE for a more accurate score in today's non-directX games.

i c... so if i want better performance i should upgrade to a ati 9600 pro? or an fx 5600?
didnt realize it does that poorly in games other then cs and the classic unreal tournament

Ha, I betcha my ALL MIGHTY GeForce GTS can top 1000!

*Javert laughs and runs away...

Ha, I betcha my ALL MIGHTY GeForce GTS can top 1000!

*Javert laughs and runs away...

[edit] AAAHHHHH, Attack of the DOUble pOsT !

94 3Dmarks? Man that's low. My 700/GeforceDDR was actually able to achieve 200 points!

My previous videocard, a GeForce2 MX400, scored 75 points. Not that it was a bad card, as it ran Quake3 and RTCW just fine.
But running 3DMark2003 on a non-dx9 card is pointless as you have to skip the most important tests.

Originally posted by peterhoang2002
u can try, but i doubt that could happen

That was sarcasm, but I'll still try by overclocking my p3...:cool:

94 marks?
my god!
my celeron 633oc to1.08G/geforce2 could even get more than 300
marks...
your system is much faster than mine!

peterhonag: yes upgrading your video card would be very helpful. I suggest a 9600 Pro if you don't have enough money for a 9800 or a 9800 Pro.

Which 3d mark are you running? 2003 or 2001? If your running 2003 then that is your big problem. Because the gf 4 mx440 is basically a a geforce 2 with some minor improvements, it doesnt have any shader of direct x 9 support. I got a 93 in 2003 with a geforce 2 mx400.

yeai think ill go for a 9600, but unfortunately the 2.0 cpu, mobo, and memory was just bought like a day b4 i made the first post so im all out of money now :( so the next time ill be able to buy something is at thanksgiving or christmas as a gift from my dad so ill probably get that then unless a better ati card has lowered its price.

Back