i need a really good deathmatch pc game

Sheikah42

Reaction score
hey

half-life 2 deathmatch was fun the first couple of weeks, then it got kinda boring. counter-strike source is great, but it's still counter-strike.

i need something new that's a lot of fun, and i don't know what to spend money on. my friend told me to get unreal tournament 2004, but i was wondering if anyone else had anything better in mind, or if ut2k4 isn't worth the money?

thanks.

or another question, what's a really really good pc rpg game. the last good rpg game i ever played on pc was diablo 2.

I'd personally go for UT2004, has great mods and such a large amount of varied gametypes.

Pure crazy deathmatch?
UT2004
Quake 1 - 3
Unreal Tournament 1
Tribes 1
Call of Duty + UO

hahaha tribes 1! i loved that game.

what about doom3, it's not worth it?

Sheikah42 said:
hahaha tribes 1! i loved that game.

what about doom3, it's not worth it?
Not for Deathmatch
UT2K4 is a lot of fun if you're looking for fast action stuff

Normal UT is actually really excellent too.

UT2004 has the best deathmatch I have ever played, period. As much as I hate to say it, it makes HL2:DM look like a cheap game demo. Plus, if you ever want to move on to something more than just deathmatch, there's always the other game modes, including Onslaught, which is just like Battlefield 2, except with more emphasis on deathmatch style play in between the control points.

If you liked Diablo II, try Guild Wars for a great hack-and-slash style online RPG.

wait another question. sorry i'm filled with them today. will ut2004's other game modes be built in the game or will i have to wait hours to download them?

Ut 2004
Painkiller = BUT you really need to get good to have fun.
AGSource = a mod that will be crazy (hasnt come out)
Quake 4 = Hasnt come out
Quake 3 = Always fun
Quake 1 = Always fun = and free

oh cool

now i have ANOTHER question, sorry again

what about america's army? it looks cool but is it fun? i mean the download will probably take me a whole day but it's free!

America's Army is the complete opposite of what you're looking for. Slow, buggy, action-less, tactical, laggy gameplay. It was ok, but now it sucks.

Go for Ut2k4 and UT99 (aka Unreal Tournament) if you want Deathmatch. I heard Painkiller was good, but I personally haven't tried it. Any DM mode without reloading is true crazy deathmatch.

Good CRPGs would be NWN (plus expansions, which I don't have :p), KotOR 1/2, Balder's Gate, Icewind Dale (these two I haven't played), GW if you like-pseudo MMORPGs. Guild Wars is more true to D2 style, hack-n-slash; games like KoTOR, NWN, Icewind Dale and BG are more actual RPGs with character developement, etc.

ok i'll look into them

for the most part right now i'm deciding between ut2k4 and guild wars. i don't know which one i'll enjoy more.

btw when's quake 4 supposed to come out? i heard it's november 1st...

oh ok, so i guess i'm better off not waiting and buying a new game now...

No no, buy a game now while you wait for Quake 4! : )

Here's my favorite MP in the following order:

-Quake 3 Arena
-Doom 3
-UT2004
-Painkiller

And to the naysayers for Doom 3....yes, we have a small community and not the greatest DM game, but I'd rather have this then some newbish cluster**** of a game like HL2 Dm (no offense to those who like HL2 Dm though, I used to play it lots). Painkiller is even worse IMO...

The best death match game...
The best death match game???
The best death match game!!!
is...
is???
is!!!
Quake 1 Deathmatch.

I would agree actually, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark is the best deathmatch game. However, UT2k4 is the best PC deathmatch game.

I would like two third the motion that Goldeneye/Perfect Dark are the two best games ever.

Having said that, I only play one game now, and since you did say you want a good rpg; World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft is only really good if you have a guild that actually communicates with each other and help each other out. Otherwise it becomes exceedingly repetitive and dull once you reach lvl 20.

I was going to say Tribes Venegance, but that's more of a team Deathmatch. But fuel is so much fun...

original UT, or ut2k4... dont get guild wars.. and for ****s sake NEVER even glance in the direction of Tribes Vengence

Anyone know where I might find Quake3 in a retail store in Canada? I've looked everywhere. :( I guess it's just too old.

Jintor said:
I was going to say Tribes Venegance, but that's more of a team Deathmatch. But fuel is so much fun...

Ignoring the fact that he'd be getting ripped off if he went and bought it...

There's a grand total of about 3 servers and 12 players online at this very moment.
The devs have completely abandoned the game, a critical patch was being made...then it was cancelled due to extremely poor sales of the game.
:(

Which is a freaking pity.

Tribes 2, then? Jesus, not even sure if their are any servers left.

-mutters about support-

Jintor said:
Which is a freaking pity.

Tribes 2, then? Jesus, not even sure if their are any servers left.

-mutters about support-

I'm guessing I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed T:V? Give it open maps, and slightly more useful vehicles...and you may of had a winner there...But it, like T2, is pretty much noobified as well. Skiing takes zero skill in it, for one.

Tribes 2, for some reason...is still alive and kicking.
There's ALWAYS people playing, even 64 - 100 player servers.
I personally hate Tribes 2, it's a noobified and vehicle centric Tribes 1...imo.

It's more or less the only game that lets you jetpack around as part of the normal game. And it's so fast and furious and freakishly colourful.

But, since it's been noobified, then go for UT2004. Like everyone else says.

Back