I need a second opinon

mr.f

Reaction score
Ok, first, hello! This is my first post. I would have made it art, but this is a bit more urgent to me.

So I'm thinking of throwing out my TV and just using my computer to watch it. I watch TV only late at night, and thats for barely an hour. And, my apartment house has a classical, pointy rod antena or whatever so i only got 3-4 channels anyway.

I would just get a TV card but i have a samsung syncmaster 740b, and thats basically too damn small to watch from anywhere but the computer chair. So i need a new monitor, but i'm not exeactly swimming in cash, and that isn't going to change. So i wanted to get a slightly larger monitor, and not only for tv but for gaming as well.

So here are my computer specs., and what i plan to get. I'm not an expert, but i know some stuff. I wanted a second opinon so i dont waste money, and basically i came here cause i seem to only be playing valve's games now...
Anyway,

Windows XP, Intel Core2 4300, 2GB RAM, Ati Radeon HD 3850 AGP.
Planning to get:
Acer V233HB Monitor and KWorld DVB-T 210 TV card. (These two are about all the money i can spare)

So i'll sum up, i don't have lots of money and that wont change, i'm not a computer expert, but i know some stuff. And i dont wanna screw this up. Oh and i'm not english.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the long post, had to explain.

Back