I need some advice

Ninja_Gaiden

Reaction score
Guys am planning to buy a PSP but am wondering which is the best US version or JAPAN version, I found some info about the screens (US: Samsung screen and for the JAP: Sharp screen) and they said sharp better, that is the only difference I know so am asking if some one has more differences please tell me

I want to know if I can play Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories online or its only multiplayer (not online)?

Did any one try NFS: most wanted for PSP and is good ?

Wouldn't the only difference between an American one and a Japanese one be that you couldn't read one? And my advice:
Don't post the same thread twice.

Ninja_Gaiden said:
Guys am planning to buy a PSP but am wondering which is the best US version or JAPAN version, I found some info about the screens (US: Samsung screen and for the JAP: Sharp screen) and they said sharp better, that is the only difference I know so am asking if some one has more differences please tell me

I want to know if I can play Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories online or its only multiplayer (not online)?

Did any one try NFS: most wanted for PSP and is good ?

Im surprized to hear that the sharp screen is better considering that SHARP SUCKS AZZ

also you may find that if you buy the japanese version you CANNOT play anything but games purchased from Japanese retailers and vice-versa. they are most likely coded discs to play only material from that region. Also you won't be able to play American movies

Also, shipping cost from japan is EXTREME!

And don't post the same thread twice, if someone know the answer to your question they would have answered it. Like me!! :)

at the very worst bump your thread by replying to your own thread, putting it back at the top of the list. you might still get chewed out, so don't tell them i told you to :)

Why would you not be able to play US games on a japanese PSP?

ríomhaire said:
Why would you not be able to play US games on a japanese PSP?
It's called Regional Coding.
here ya go. over 4 million links for info on it:
http://www.google.com/search?q=regional+coding
Movies are released in theaters in different parts of the world at different times throughout the year. That Summer blockbuster in the U.S. may end up being the Christmas blockbuster overseas. If that occurs, the DVD version of the movie may be out in the U.S. while it is still showing in theaters overseas.

In order to preserve the financial integrity of the theatrical distribution of a particular film, it is not possible (under normal conditions) to have a friend in the U.S. send a DVD copy of the film to the country where it is in theatrical release and be able to play the DVD on a player there.

Yea maybe I would beleive it if the PSP wasnt so damn locked down. How do they explain that region encoding, all PSP screens are identical, every piece of hardware the same yet for some region its region locked and..

All game systems have it. You would have to buy a US PSP to play US stuff and Japanese PSP to play japanese stuff.

It's some kind of copyright thing.

Sony's PS3 is reported as possibly not having one... probably having to do with Blu Ray technology. I don't know any details. Thats not even possible though, becuase Movie companies.. that violates copyright laws. maybe just for the games.Maybe you can play games from around the world on PS3 but you won't be able to play movies from around the world i can tell you that for sure.

If JAP version can’t run US games I think I will buy the US version.

The US version has many versions as I know and the last one I have found was 1.5 is it the best or there is higher than that and what about the GTA is it playable online or not

Hey VirusType2 I really really did not know how that happen I did not meant to post it twice also I could not delete it so I could not do anything, I don’t need to post it twice so it was a mistake sorry guys

Ninja_Gaiden said:
If JAP version can’t run US games I think I will buy the US version.

The US version has many versions as I know and the last one I have found was 1.5 is it the best or there is higher than that and what about the GTA is it playable online or not

Hey VirusType2 I really really did not know how that happen I did not meant to post it twice also I could not delete it so I could not do anything, I don’t need to post it twice so it was a mistake sorry guys
I don't think we have many PSP players here, you can find all that info all over the internet. just type liberty stories in the address bar and search it, see if its multiplayer. as for technical info on the PSP like 1.5 or whatever you need to find one of those technical sites. try typing PSP in the search bar :dork: but I doubt you can go into a store and open the box and find out what release it is. I would say since the system has been out a while, you more likely to get a later release version. k? :)

Back