I Think i know what the combines are :DDD

tkato

Reaction score
:)
I think the combine are former Black Mesa guards now with mechincal parts :O
it's logical :|.
No?.

You read that from the script leak didn't you?

It's not the first time I've heard this...

hahahahaha..
thank you.. you made me LOL...

hmm.. it's something that way...
or... they are the police of City-17.. wich in turn doesn't exist...

you got that from the private letter olmost everyone got, saying "things that vavle did not want you to know" (I think it called that.)

If that were true, explain to me why Barney is helping you fight in HL2, along with Eli Vance, and Dr. Kliener? Wouldn't they all be fighting you then?

tfotdead said:
you got that from the private letter olmost everyone got, saying "things that vavle did not want you to know" (I think it called that.)

No man :\ i don't even check my mail here cuz i don't surf here alot.
but thanks for the heads up :).

Qwertywasd said:
Do you still think Gordon is a dog?

That will explain the lack of speech -_-.
EDIT:
wow when i think about it :\ it could explain alot of shitti things :X.

I think that they are robots, mwhahaha!!

Wouldn't it be kool at some point in the game, you can take over their control center and turn them all against their maker!

Hmmm, that has some interesting gameplay possibilities.

Er, we'll see, I'm pretty sure that whatever they are, it'll be really kool

They arnt, i really hate the stupid "The combine are the military from hl1!" crap...its stupid.

I think that the combine are genetically modified humans, look at the prowler, it looks like its a genetically modified human so maybe the combine are to.

well, the guy in one of the e3 vids said 'oh, i thought it was a cop' when i walked in, so obviously they are some type of police.

I wouldn't even need to play the Alpha to say that's not true.

Malfunction said:
If that were true, explain to me why Barney is helping you fight in HL2, along with Eli Vance, and Dr. Kliener? Wouldn't they all be fighting you then?
Well, Barney is probably on your side, but there is something you probably don't know.

I don't think I can say it, it's a HUGE spoiler. but ...

hint: look closely at his clothes

Anyway, it makes more sense to say that the combine are the marines that were sent to BlackMesa to clean it.

I think that the combines are just normal humans, maybe a bit brainwashed, but still...

I always thought the guy in the E3 video says "I thought you were a comb". Like communist, we call commie. Well, they call Combines, Comb.

No hasan it makes no sense that they are related, the military worked for the government and were there to thier job.

I doubt the combine are connected the marines in any shape or form

Samon said:
No hasan it makes no sense that they are related, the military worked for the government and were there to thier job.

I doubt the combine are connected the marines in any shape or form
why? how do you know the combine are not workin g for the government (any government)?
I didn't play op4 so I don't know what happens but I think there is a very good chance they could be related.

hmm .. maybe this answers why everything is written in english and such?

You say there's a connection the the marines. We ask "Why?". You ask "Why not?".

Sorry, but you're the one with the burden of proof. Just substantiate your idea more.

Whats not true?

His idea.

hasan said:
Well, Barney is probably on your side, but there is something you probably don't know.

I don't think I can say it, it's a HUGE spoiler. but ...

hint: look closely at his clothes

Anyway, it makes more sense to say that the combine are the marines that were sent to BlackMesa to clean it.

T'was a place holder

THAT has changed since then

The Military are MILITARY, they are marines, army forces, whatever you wanna call em. There doesnt have to be a conspiracy or connection to everything.

Hmm how do i know, for one i know alot, i have read the script but for obvious reasons i am not going to mention a jot about it, besides its all a mess anyway, not even in order.

First of all, the combine are quite clearly an alien race (e3 2003, gabe newell said "This is the citadel, the centre of the alien combine"

Also, judging by what Breen says on the TV and the giant screens, it also points toward them bieng alien. "Do our benefactors really know what is best fro mankind?"

This indicates that the combine are the benefactors. It appears tthat they have complete control of the earth. Gabe newell states in the E3 2004 trailers "It will show you what the combine have done to the world, and how citizens are gearing up about the strength of gordon freeman."

Basically the military/government have been out by the combine, judging from what Gabe said. Why would the combine be working for the Gman? the gman has sent gordon into city 17 on a mission, and most of the time he is shooting combine, so gman is clearly against combine.

No....BMRF got nuked, and so did all the guards/marines, think before you make a topic.

No leak or script spoilers please.

Absinthe said:
You say there's a connection the the marines. We ask "Why?". You ask "Why not?".

Sorry, but you're the one with the burden of proof. Just substantiate your idea more.

umm, lol :E

Nobody has a proof of anything, it's just pure speculation (unless you read leaked material).

what's the conenction with the military? well, the gman is the connection.

In HL1, in the ending, he says "the portal world, xen, is in our cotrol for the time being, thanks to you ... "
and in the background, we see dead marines from the battle field.

Why does the government care about controlling xen? I dunno.
but you can't ignore the conspiracy there, it's clear that the test chamber accident wasn't an acident; it was planned.

Did you read my post Hasan?

Gman is not affiliated with the combine

Who ever said the Gman was working for the government? Government man...no confirmation on that bieng true (dont say op4 manuel, that was a guys diary for gods sake, its only his speculation)

Who said the gov was in control of xen? same as the above.

I dont think it was planned, maybe someone anticipated it

He brought in the military because he quite frankly didnt want to the world over run with xen aliens, and used the excuse of silencing everyone at the same time.

The combine have no connection to the military!! end of!! read my post further up the page hasan, there are so many indications that they arnt!

Actualy Gordons a vampire.. why do you think you cant see his reflection in anything? :p

Back