I think I'm about to cry

S

Stillwell

Yes.

Here, in my very hands, I have the receipt of my Future Shop Half-Life 2 Collectors Edition pre-order. This makes me happy, but:

I HAVE NO COMPUTER.

I ordered a GF 6800 GT 256mb a month ago. It has shipped on October 17th, but still hasn't arrived.

Can anyone spare a hug?

I feel your pain man, I waited like a month for my 9800 Pro (back when they were top of the line) and when I fianally got it IT WAS DOA!!! I was very sad and pissed at the same time, it took around a month and a half to get my damn video card.
/pats Stillwell on back

Where'd you order it from? Did they already get your money? Sounds like you got screwed. My condolences.

shadowSn1p3r said:
if you have no computer, then how could you post?

Hah! A wise one. :)

I'm posting from one of my other computer, a P2 350 mhz, 64 ram, and a Voodoo 3 2000. It could barely run the first Half-Life, so.....

I can't believe it. The game will be sitting on my desk but I won't be able to play it. Talk about torture.

shadowSn1p3r said:
if you have no computer, then how could you post?

I think he means his computer won't be able to run it. He only mentioned the graphics card.

That kinda sucks. Watch...your gfx card will show up in the mail tomorrow along with my wayward posters...I ordered them like 3 weeks ago.

It doesn't take a month to ship a video card ANYWHERE in the world. Not even like....antarctica. You got ripped off.

just out of curiosity,is newegg really that good?

I have been there and while they do have good prices,

what I am wondering is how reliable is newegg?

for promptness,security(damage to item),etc.

Yeah... Well, I feel your pain, I'm without of hard drive so I can't play it on my good computer....

Newegg is great for security and shiping. I built my gaming computer all from newegg parts. If you are building a computer, newegg by far is the best place to buy the parts from.

Newegg rocks... i've ordered tons of products off them (and my 9800 Pro i got in right now) very reliable... fedex does their shipping

overall a very nice online site... everytime i read a review of them on the stuff people buy they always compliment newegg for delivery time and handle... etc

It shouldnt take more then 2 weeks 3 weeks MAX to come.

I think you people need to re-evaluate where you buy your parts. Here in New Zealand, ascent.co.nz ships parts so fast it's unbelievable. Once I ordered a CPU in the morning and it arrived that afternoon (from Auckland to Tauranga). I have never waited for an in-stock part for more than 36 hours. I know NZ is smaller than USA or UK, but waiting any more than a week for any computer part is ridiculous. Don't let these companies get away with it - start buying from retail stores until your internet shops can get their shit together.

RaBiD WeAzEL said:
Yeah... Well, I feel your pain, I'm without of hard drive so I can't play it on my good computer....
swap the hard drive from the bad computer that you are using, to the good computer. if you don't have 4 gb free on that HDD then back up, format everything on it. Then install some OS and just HL2. Unless your HDD is less than 5Gb but i really doubt that.

I dont feel bad for you at all. I dont get to order my computer until thanksgiving! (thats when i get paid.) Talk about torture :(

What about all those kids that have to wait till X-mas for a new computer or just a new Video card.

Well, I'm pretty sure I haven't been ripped off as I have a customs number.

I ordered from a company called monarchcomputer.com. I don't recommend them, of course. I chose UPS as the shipping service but they still shipped USPS, thus the reason why it takes so long. My package is probably stuck somewhere at the Canadian borders. There was a strike not long ago and everything's so slow now.

Oh, and like I mentioned, I'm from Canada, and Newegg won't ship here.

lordoftheroot said:
Newegg is great for security and shiping. I built my gaming computer all from newegg parts. If you are building a computer, newegg by far is the best place to buy the parts from.

i couldn't but agree more.

dun think if u find some cheap computers at an online, ur saved from spending big money. do urself a favor, build ur own computer

i have heard of monarch computer, looked at there LAN party computer. desided that it could have been a trap. Plus there was certin parts that they didn't have in there pre-built computer, that i wanted.

Stillwell said:
Hah! A wise one. :)

I'm posting from one of my other computer, a P2 350 mhz, 64 ram, and a Voodoo 3 2000. It could barely run the first Half-Life, so.....

I can't believe it. The game will be sitting on my desk but I won't be able to play it. Talk about torture.

if i understood well, you want to throw in a 6800 GT 256 in THAT ?
you will watch your power supply fail miserably while your motherboard spits the card out because of incompatibility. what you probably seen as just an upgrade is infeasible, and even if you were EXTREMELY lucky and managed to get this to work, your computer still wouldn't run HL2, it's basically not good enough.

/ 2.1 FPS unavalaible for comment

Also built my rig from newegg.com. Had to send a part back (memory, it was my fault)and they sent me the correct memory in like 2 days. I have had nothing but good expireances with newegg. JMO...

Dc/Gary

I feel your pain - I'm still trying to get my systems networked to the net so I can actualy play HL2 myself (stupid bloody net veritfication...) It's looking very doubtful that I'll get it online in time for HL2's release too, I'm I'm screwed...

Well, at least we'll get to play it at some other stage, eh? :(

Back